Huge TF2 Update out NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge TF2 Update out NOW!

Updates to Team Fortress 2, the Source Engine, and SourceTV have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. Click the link below for the full change list.

Source Engine

Refactored how lightmaps are downloaded to the graphics card at level load. On some hardware configurations this can lower level load times significantly

Optimized some particle systems to improve performance on some hardware configurations

Player stats are now sent up as they change, rather than when the player dies

Improved playback of sub-frame sounds

Fixed a crash caused by alt-tabs during map load

Eliminated unnecessary temporary memory allocation in scenefilecache

Team Fortress 2

Badlands released

Changes to Dustbowl

Added a new access point to the stage2 attacker gates (drop-down left from spawn), allowing attackers a way to reach the left route without being subjected to the spam and sentry gun fire

Fixed a gap in stage 3, cap 1 that allowed a player with to wiggle above the "ceiling" clip

Fixed a gap behind stage 1, cap 1 house

Fixed a high perch on stage1 cap1 house roof

Fixed a perch offering view of nodraw textures and the skybox (stage1 cap2 rock barrier)

Fixed a few places where rockets/demoman pipes could pass through non-solid models

Sealed up a gap over stage1 lower startgate

Clipped off tall windows in stage 3 to prevent sentry guns from behind built behind them
    Changes to Capture the Flag Well

Fixed trains not starting on map spawn

Removed cap association from red spawns that were spamming console
    Changes to Granary

Removed spawn timing advantage from the middle (from -3 to 0)

Fixed several model perch exploits (red, blue cp1 gate and blue cp2 gate pipe)

Fixed a few places where players could get stuck between containers and silos

Adjusted playerclips on red container that made it appear like players were floating
    Added a small delay (200 ms) before a zoomed sniper shot can get a critical hit

Added server side convar mp_fadetoblack. Same functionality as Counter-Strike, used mainly during in-person tournaments and LAN events

Added flamethrower "sizzle" sound when the Pyro is hitting a target

Updated explosion debris to be a bit darker

Fixed idle players not being kicked from the server if mp_allowspectators was set to 0

Added ctf_well to the default mapcycle.txt file

Added ctf_well to the default motd.txt file

Fixed floor tile material type

Fixed some weapon damage info missing from TF2 game stats

Made some small changes to the Demoman viewmodel that were causing performance problems

Added a new timer to the HUD to show the value of mp_timelimit. This is useful if you're playing a timed match on 2Fort, where you only set a timelimit on the server and no other win conditions.

Added server log entry for buildings destroyed by their owner

Fixed sentry gun shadows being clipped

Updated glass material

SourceTV

SourceTV now uses a hidden slot on the game server. This allows for 24 player servers to also have a SourceTV proxy connected to it

Fixed Pyro's flamethrower flames not showing up in SourceTV

Downloading now, very cool

Comment

cool

Comment

Badlands is a bad map for a pyro,but an awesome one for spies,IMO.

Comment

I had a look at Badlands and I think its a good map and can be useful for all classes, theres a lot of good sentry points but depending on where you are in the map I can see action for all the classes tbh

pity the map causes servers to crash though lol

Comment

Originally posted by ThermalJack
            Badlands is a bad map for a pyro,but an awesome one for spies,IMO.
            Are you serious?! We were attacked by swarms of Pyro + Medic combos in such a way that I couldn't play as a Spy at all!

This is one of those few maps were I get caught with my pants down by a Pyro rather often.

Spies are having a good time on this map now as people are still learning the way around it.

CPs 2 and 4, though up high, should be easier for Soldiers and Demomen to cap.

Comment

Download, cant wait to play badlands, even if i have had 7 beers

Comment

Sounds good, but when are those new achievements coming out???

I heard something on fpsbanana about an unlockable for medics that's related to the new achievements, but I'm not too sure about it.

Comment

Yer apparently the medic update is coming with the new map/gametype Goldrush thing

Well the achievements for medic are apparently I think the unlockables idea was fairly new so who knows

Comment

I'm really anxious to see this whole unlockables idea. Even though a lot of people seem to be against it, I like the idea of customizing the classes a little more to a certain playing style.

As long as none of the unlocks actually improve a class, that the disadvantages equal the advantages, so balance between people with unlocks & without is maintained.

Comment

The flamethrower sizzle is awesome. Makes is a lot easier to tell if you're scoring hits or not.

Badlands is also a very well-made map that'll see a lot of play time on our server.

Comment

Originally posted by Bommando
                        The flamethrower sizzle is awesome. Makes is a lot easier to tell if you're scoring hits or not.

Badlands is also a very well-made map that'll see a lot of play time on our server.
                        Was on a server trying out badlands, saw a way to glitch outside the fence near a spawn. (PM if you want more info, I think I took a screenshot)

I think they still need to iron out some kinks in that lvl, but I am really looking forward to that other map, the mining cart one.

Comment

Someone put a teleporter there and i couldnt move, so i just taunted while the enemires killed me

Comment

I have played badlands with no problems tbh. Awsome map!

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers View Post
                              Someone put a teleporter there and i couldnt move, so i just taunted while the enemires killed me
                              Lol I wanted to test it as a sentry position but I got stuck as well, depends on where you move I think.

Comment

Working...
                              X