XP 32bit to Vista 64bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XP 32bit to Vista 64bit

I had a friend (no really, not me) that upgraded from XP32 bit to Vista 64 bit. They copied the profiles folder prior to doing a clean install. Did the install and all the patches then installed CoD4 and its patches and then put the profile folder in its Vista location. The profile copy did not work.

Has anyone done this type of upgrade and it work for them? Or even an XP to Vista upgrade?

Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

I went from Vista 32bit -> XP 32bit (different comps), and it worked, but I just copied the mpdata file, not the whole profiles folder. What I did was install CoD4 on the XP machine, patch, create a profile and play 1 round of multiplayer. Then I copied my old mpdata file from the Vista machine into the correct folder on the XP machine (it overwrote the one that I played just 1 round with).

Also, according to the sticky it may be stored in "C:\Users\<Vista Name Here>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\<your_profile_name>" under Vista, though it isn't for me.

Hope this helped somewhat. :hmm:

Comment

That location was not setup for him either.

He setup the same profile, but i dont think he played a round with it. I will let him know that and see if that makes any difference.

Its good to know its not a cross platform issue. Still may be a 32bit vs 64bit.

Crunch
      Twitter: @CptainCrunch
      Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
      X