Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 Gadget

Hey,

i found this REALLY cool BF2 Gadget for vista if anyone is intrested.. it shows ur rank (pic) and ur current score and the points u will need until ur next rank up.. also if u click it, it takes u to your online stats page which is packed with info about ur progress

Gadgets are no longer available on our website because the Windows Sidebar platform in Windows 7 has serious vulnerabilities.

theres a few there

Someday I will upgrade to vista. Interesting to know that such apps exist, as i previously had no idea. Good find.

Comment

yeah thanks vista has a whole range of REALLY cool gadgets from broadband monthly usage meters to game stats...sports,wether,news and computer news stats...a whole range of things

also one con to the bf2 gadget is that it sometimes takes a while to update ur stats...but its really good

Comment

for all you mac haters i think this is the perfect time to let you know that gadgets is just a rip off from mac's widgets... which have been around for far longer than vista itself.

Enough said. Sorry to go offtopic but i was annoyed at how the mention of a mac caused people to flame me for being a apple user in a different thread.

back on topic:

Im gonna check for a mac widget that does the same thing im sure ill find something lol

Comment

Originally posted by fugz890 View Post
          for all you mac haters i think this is the perfect time to let you know that gadgets is just a rip off from mac's widgets... which have been around for far longer than vista itself.

Enough said. Sorry to go offtopic but i was annoyed at how the mention of a mac caused people to flame me for being a apple user in a different thread.

back on topic:

Im gonna check for a mac widget that does the same thing im sure ill find something lol
          Oh Gawd. The flaming was more of a gentle heat than anything else, and you're wrong about widgets. Here's a timeline with the major events...

Not that I agree with it anyway, I mean where is the Win95 desktop "Channels" sidebar in the time line? Even when I was running DOS around 1993 I had a graphical menu with programmable widgets, and there were a ton already built in. It's so old according to the internets it never even seems to have existed. And going back further no mention of the 1984 GEM desktop either.

Truth is M$ and OSX have been ripping each others ideas off for as long as I can remember. It's just the arguing about it that never gets old.

Comment

Originally posted by fugz890 View Post

back on topic:

Yeah but mac sucks for gaming, thus rendering it completely useless for most people.

Comment

Most ppl dont use their computers solely for gaming...

Comment

Thread hijacked within the first 4 posts.

:|:

Comment

Originally posted by Skaggy View Post
                  Thread hijacked within the first 4 posts.

:|:
                  yeah there's no going back :|:

Comment

:locked:

Comment

What would locking the thread achieve? It's not going to put it back on track. Only we can do that. And I'm upgrading to vista some time next year -,-

Comment

awww my threads being hijacked well... has anyone else got these gadgets for bf2 on their sidebar??

Comment

hmm i dont, but do you think there is one for XP? because that would be lovely! i just cant bring myself to change to vista yet.

Comment

i found this download im not sure if the bf2 gadget will work with it, but its worth a try

this is what it looks like anyway i forgot to post a preview pic earlier sorry... and like i said if u click it and click the link it also takes u to a full stats page Sample Of Stats Page

as u can see im a noob lol but ill get better, have only being playing for 2 weeks..before that it was all console games lol the mouse and keyboard took me AGES to get used to

Comment

Originally posted by xX5N1P3RXx
                              i found this download im not sure if the bf2 gadget will work with it, but its worth a try
                              is it for XP dude?:nod:

Comment

Working...
                              X