No announcement yet.

New TotalCOD4 Server Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's looping for me on a shipment file. I downloaded when I connected to the server by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] Aerialz
      So, hardcore won the votes and can't even get a compromise of 3/3 with a rotating day per week?
      HC mode will be running all weekend, when most people have more time to play...does that not work for you (can you only play on weekdays/nights)?

Comment

I've been having difficulty with my server looping with custom maps, too.

One thing I noticed on mine is that some custom maps require their IWD file to be in the mod folder, while others work fine no matter where they are and others want to be in the usermaps folder. I sure wish there was only one way to author these maps.

I've started a spreadsheet to track which maps work with particular mods and game play modes. I can see that I should add "IWD Location" to this too.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
          I've been having difficulty with my server looping with custom maps, too.

One thing I noticed on mine is that some custom maps require their IWD file to be in the mod folder, while others work fine no matter where they are and others want to be in the usermaps folder. I sure wish there was only one way to author these maps.

I've started a spreadsheet to track which maps work with particular mods and game play modes. I can see that I should add "IWD Location" to this too.
          I've only skimmed over this issue, so I'm definitely not an expert...but try searching for "looping" on the infinityward.com PC forums...quite a few posts come up with the downloading custom maps issue. An IW member mentions something about scripts that mp_Village uses, so perhaps that's a clue.

Good news is this issue is supposed to be fixed in the v1.6 patch.

Comment

I play mainly on weeknights - normally filming/editing/projects over the weekend, that's why I was hoping for HC on weekdays as well...

But I guess I can practice SC so when we scrim non-hardcore clans we don't get annihilated

Comment

So, your clan has a server then? Is it HC during the week?

If so, then you're set. If not, then you could talk to them, right?

I'm just asking...

Comment

My clan plays hardcore, and our server is hardcore...

However, it is normally passworded and is running PAM4.

I wanted more HC time for here because I like playing with members from the forums and being able to still use my playstyle. It's fine though, it's not like I'm playing competitively against forum members :P

Comment

The file download redirect is not working. Thus, when you attempt to join the server, you get the really slow download by the game server.

I recommend people download the maps before joining anyways.

Comment

For me anyway, even downloading and installing the maps manually, the server re-direct still tries to force a download, but never seems to finish and I have to quit out via the console.

Comment

I suggest that the server is limited to rotate between just a couple of maps when an admin isn't present. Custom maps seem to make CoD4 servers unstable. Don't you think?

What about:
                      • Village Night
                      • Sharqi Night
                      • Backlot2
                      Those are three popular maps which suit multiple game play styles. Rotate them with WAR, DOM, KOTH, CTF and SAB for some variety. :salute:

We need to get our frag on with each other. Perhaps the maps are now a little bit of an obstacle? What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by SonicPixel View Post
                        We need to get our frag on with each other. Perhaps the maps are now a little bit of an obstacle? What do you think?
                        Yes, biggest issue is getting the frag on
                        Then we can deal with all the other issues

Comment

Re: New TotalCOD4 Server Setup

Yeaup... pretty inactive-ish.

Comment

This server practically pays for itself.

Comment

We still have it?

Comment

We Have A Server?!

Comment

Working...
                                X