Lost Connection....Not because of Punkbuster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Connection....Not because of Punkbuster

Can anyone tell me if this is a common BF2 problem.

I keep losing my connection to the server. When I am forced to quite BF2, I find that I am also disconnected from the internet altogether. Before anyone suggests that the problem is with my actual connection I would like to state that this does not happend with any other game I play online (PES2008) and my connection is otherwise solid in general.

Only when I play vBF2 does this problem occur and its getting worse and worse.

(indeed, I can play the PRO 0.7 or Special Forces no problem at all)

Anyone had the same problem or even better, had the same problem and resolved it?

And now:

"The Server Has Refused Connection"

WTF is this S**t, I paid my dosh....why cant I just play my game that has always worked fine up until now without me touching anything?

RE-installed....

Anyone know what this is all about?

hmm it could be to do with your connection itself. are you using wireless or ethernet etc?

also can you post system specs please, this will help everyone in helping you =)

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Knight View Post
      hmm it could be to do with your connection itself. are you using wireless or ethernet etc?

also can you post system specs please, this will help everyone in helping you =)
      It could be to do with my connection.......

But my connection is fine for every other online activity including online games.

My system specs have been coping adequately with BF2 for years.

Athlon 64 4000+
      2 Gig DDR 400Mhz
      X1900XT 256MB
      Asus A8N-E mobo

Comment

yeah ur specs seem fine..

but ur connection could be losing packets if its wireless...not to mention the many issues with bf2, you have tried to manually update PB yes?

if you havent, try it, it may work. and also sometimes all u can do is keep trying to connect sometimes, it works

Comment

Help!! Im getting "the server refused the connection" too!! I don't think its my system, everything else works fine. Any ideas??

Comment

Originally posted by dwuf76 View Post
            Help!! Im getting "the server refused the connection" too!! I don't think its my system, everything else works fine. Any ideas??
            Firstly, make you own thread.

I keep losing my connection to the server. When I am forced to quite BF2, I find that I am also disconnected from the internet altogether. Before anyone suggests that the problem is with my actual connection I would like to state that this does not happend with any other game I play online (PES2008) and my connection is otherwise solid in general.

Anyone had the same problem or even better, had the same problem and resolved it?

And now:

WTF is this S**t, I paid my dosh....why cant I just play my game that has always worked fine up until now without me touching anything?

RE-installed....

Are you connected by wireless or ethernet?

There could be a number of factors why your losing net. We firstly need to know the above.

Comment

Originally posted by MatTheCat View Post

And now:

RE-installed....

i had the same problem for a year too...
              follow these steps:
              do a net speedtest from internet.www.speedtest.net .check your values and see if they are fine.if not call your isp and tell them that your connection speed seems low and your losing key packets..let em check all wires and stuff they will call you shortly after that..you can ask to change your gateway or stuff like that..if you cant solve it with your ISP try searching BEFASTER in google..a good program that makes connection optimal for online gaming.Use CCLEANER to get rid of unwanted DLLs and broken files..be sure that no net-user program is running such as messenger, xfire or teamspeak.you can also try tcp optimizer..net booster blabla..

another thing: if you think its too much(its really too much) go buy a freaking US ROBOTICS(one of best brands for modem..its the company that produced first modem ffs) pay 30-120 bucks take your shot and get it connected...

i could only see maximum 300 servers in any kind of search in my server list.. after i bought a new modem i can see max 4000 now..

hope it helps

Comment

Working...
              X