Call Of Duty 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call Of Duty 5

Before i begin, admins if this is in the wrong forum im sorry but i didnt know anywhere else to put it.

Now anyways, i may be a bit behind everyone else but i just heard that infinity ward will not be making COD5 and treyarch will be making it instead.

God i wish infinity ward were making it. Now treyarch have got alot to live up too after COD4. But when you look, they brought out COD2: Big red one, nd i thought that was crap, COD3 wasnt even out for the PC and was a total let down.

Now im not one to critisize before games come out but do u guys think that COD5 could be ok or since its going to be made by treyarch COD3 all over again.

Like i said before they might not **** it up and might make a great game, but after the success of COD4 its going to be hard for them to beat or even match it.

What do u guys think?

Do not fret, I'm pretty sure that IW will be making the one after CoD5, because Treyarch and the IW made some kinda deal that they'll switch off, (I think).

Therefore, I could care less about any console crap that Treyarch comes out with, but if they do manage a PC game... then I might buy it, but IW has got all their stuff together better, thats for sure.

Comment

Thing is, to make a quality game, you need to have both time and good people. You cannot get away with shortcuts on either one. To be able to do COD's in both the WWII and Modern War settings, you need to spread it out between 2 developers, unless you're willing to wait 1.5-2 yrs in between each game. If you try to rush it, you end up with the watered-down games commonly seen in the EA Sports division.

Activision needs to make their money too, so they distribute the work between both Treyarch and IW. This way, even if each game takes 2 years, Activision can stagger the releases so that one type (either modern or WWII) comes out each year.

WWII is still enjoyed, but not nearly as popular as the Modern War setting, so IW will likely stick with the bigger fish (modern), while Treyarch handles the WWII games.

Comment

it would be very stupid to bring up cod5 in next 2 years

Comment

i probably will by the next CoD if it is made by treyarch but it will probably suck as much as CoD 3

Comment

Originally posted by ch3ch3n
            it would be very stupid to bring up cod5 in next 2 years
            Why? COD5 has been announced for release before the end of this year and Activision comes out with 1 call of duty game a year. So, in a sense, you're right, instead of talking about COD5 in 2 years we will be talking about COD7

Comment

I wonder if they're using the "New Coca-Cola" technique.

Comment

Working...
              X