Come back to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come back to the game

How many of you stopped playing BF2142 and came back after a few months? I had my break of BF2142 for IL-2 1946 and other flight sims. I just decided to come back to the game today, and spent the whole morning to patch the game. Hell it is worthy. I haven't been having so much fun since I got BG. Not much has changed; not many RDX shotty in the field; not many not using Voss in infantry maps; not much team play and oh boy Tampa is hellish ridiculous. Tanks are everywhere, and people are still walking by foot? Nice, food for my tank. It seems to me that a lot of awesome players migrated to other games, and new ones are still coming. Therefore, the veteran/noob ratio didn't change much.

But I do have a complaint, and EA/DICE must do something about it. I observe an increase of K/P servers, and it gotta be stopped!

I have done this before, stopped playing BF to go to other games and came back to play, BF2142 is kinda fun, i like the vehicles (speeders!) the most I think lol. BF2 im not so fussed on. But atm although its installed I don't plan on giving it another go any time in the near future.

Comment

i took a break to play ut3 and tabula rasa and have come back to playing as of late. I did notice alot of newer players. Seems to be a whole new population of people who just got the game. As always i played with good squads and had many good games. This game will always be my most favorite. The balance and gameplay is hard to beat even when compared to games suchs as COD4 that get all the publicity. Long live 2142!

Comment

I stepped away from the game for 6 months and after coming back and patching to 1.4 I found my average kills per round increased. I was usually getting between 10-20 kills per round, and now it's more like 20-30. I don't seem to be as cautious as before. I no longer wait for the enemy to find me. I spend more time seeking them out. :salute:

Comment

ya i stopped to for a little while to play COD4. But now i am back playing 2142 and i will never look back COD got a bit boring after awhile.

Comment

Stopped beginning of january last year,came back yesterday XD

Comment

Stopped for a couple of months for TF2.

But came back.

Stopped for a bit for CoD4.

But came back.

I suspect the same will be said for Frontlines.

Comment

After 3 months CoD4 got entirely bored. I'm back to BF2142 almost daily again now. So much more variation, stats, tags...

Comment

Shuko/Bianchi are just as fun as they has always been. Been playing a few other games since I got BG in November but 2142 always makes me come back for more.

2142 knifing is the awesomeness. Unlike CoD4's where you don't even need to aim.

Comment

Left COD4 after 200 hrs logged for COD4.. Got extreme bored..Came back to 2142, as just a casual gamer.

Comment

COD4, yawn. It's too bad such a great game can get boring so quickly.

Gotta love the teamwork of 42.

Comment

played Cod4 for 4 months. BF2142 has better soldier animations/movements, better audio quality for weapons, vehicles are something that mixes things up a bit, better teamplay caus you get healed, revived, resupplies, repaired ect. More people talk on a mic caus CoD4 has poor audio codecs and this game doesnt. That and there is nothing more satisfying than in this game where you are sprinting full speed, come head to head with a target, crouch,scope,burst,kill. REPEAT. This game is my favorite.

Comment

I played just about nothing but 2142 for over a year (dabbled in Splinter Cell: DA & Orange Box), then got an XBox 360 for Christmas (first console since the Atari 2600, which I still have) and am completely hooked on Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, & Bioshock.

Most of my buddies got CoD4 and have left 2142. They've been raving about it since November, so I finally broke down and bought it used. Played my first rounds last night after zero multiplayer since before Christmas and did better than I expected to. I still enjoy 2142 and will certainly come back to it, but probably not at the "all night, every night" level that I was playing at.

Comment

Nah the late night killing sprees are over for me. I'll still play this game for a long time forward though!

:salute:

Comment

I haven't played in ages myself. I just reinstalled it a while ago and now I'll start back up up soon, I think.

Or at least when I finally build my PC.

Comment

Working...
                              X