Please help. don't want to go back to XP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help. don't want to go back to XP

i recently went and bought a Logitech ClearChat Pro USB Headset and when ever i have it plugged in and playing BF2 i lag like crazy. the minute i unhook my headset the lag stops. what can i do to fix this issue.
    Cheers

Return it and get a headset that plugs into your sound card.

Comment

ok but then what about my external speakers, ? and that blows cause i really like this headset!!!

Comment

unplug the speakers..

there are some problems with USB headsets & vista & even XP in some cases, your better off with headsets with the two jacks,

Comment

yea i was afraid of that.... oh well thanks anyway guys !!!!

Comment

Have you tried using a different usb port, also unplug any other unneeded usb items.

Comment

i am using it in a usb hub right now... do you think that would matter??? it's a powered hub!

Comment

It might do since the bandwidth is shared across multiple ports?

Comment

ok so i eliminated the hub and it seems to be a bit better, but what can i do so that i can switch between speakers and headset, with out unplugging all the time???

Comment

You need a splitter cable or some kind of break out box.

Comment

yea i am still lagging so it doesn't really matter....all this just so that i can use TS or Vent while gaming........... i really don't want to go back to xp!

Comment

Why would you have to go back to XP....

Comment

because i never had this issue until i upgraded to VISTA.....

Comment

Working...
                          X