3rd Person Mod released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd Person Mod released

Hello everyone a few days ago i got a request from Minion5 here asking me if it was possible to create a 3rd person mod, well here it is.

Description: This mod allows you to play around in 3rd person Thanks to Satnav at bfsp forums for the laser sight.

Notes: You have to learn how to aim again as the laser isnt that accurate
    sometimes you will get 2 lasers 1 in the gun and one in your body (trying to fix) and sometimes the laser will dissapear for no reason.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/3rd+Perso.../fileinfo.html

thanks so much,im about to download now!

ok,i downloaded,now alls i have to do is extract all files to the battlefield 2142 mod directory correct?

Comment

when you downloaded the mod just simply extract it in your mods folder to make it work and if you want to run the mod either start it with modjive or start the normal game and start it by going through community/my games section.

Comment

again thanks a lot

ive tried this mod out,and you did a great job.exept the aiming and virticle camera. i was just wandering if you were gonna make patches for this mod,or are you done with it? thanks.

and if you do decide to make a patch,here are the problems i encountered-
        -camera doesnt go up or down
        -laser sight is way too high at times( just plain isnt accurate at long distances)
        -camera has problems catching up with soilder
        -when your killed,you cant see your corpse
        -um not to be picky,but could you possibly make the laser sight a bit brighter,sorry if this offends you, because i really appreciate the mod already.
        -with the sniper,when i zoom,he fills most of the screen

sorry if this is to much,but it would be just plain awsome if you could convert this game completely into a third person game!

Comment

add me to xfire and talk to me there you can talk to me way faster.

xfire: dtneter

Comment

Why would I want to play in third-person instead?

I like FPS just the way it is.

Comment

put up some screenshots for everyone to see.

Comment

Not a huge fan of the third person view but awesome that you were able to modify like that. Good job.

Comment

why on earth would you want to play in third person?

Comment

i have no idea ask minion5? its quite fun to knife bots this way as it seems much easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                      From the screenshots, it's not what I expected. But with other FPS in 3rd person you'd also have regular crosshairs. But in 3rd person you usually have a larger area of view. So it's harder to sneak up on someone. Or you can see an incoming vehicle sooner. Or you can stand next to a wall at the top of ladders or stairs and see if someone is coming up even before they can see you. Generally you get a bigger tactical advantage.

Comment

im trying to fix it that way so camera budges of the walls etc so it comes really close to the player otherwise ill have to model a building so its just a big box xd

Comment

Originally posted by Field View Post
                          Maybe they can't wait for Battlefield: Heros to come out, so they want third person now!

Comment

basicly i also think this mod will act as a training for BFH as they say its 3rd person too but with crosshairs. GTA like?

Comment

Working...
                            X