Resolution Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resolution Problems

got a new widescreen monitor. says best resolution is 1440x900........i set the desktop to that. but in bf2 game under video options there is no resolution 1440x900. can someone help out.

Right click on your BF2 shortcut on your desktop and add this to the target after "+fullscreen"

+szx 1440 +szy 900

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
      Right click on your BF2 shortcut on your desktop and add this to the target after "+fullscreen"

+szx 1440 +szy 900
      do i delete the 1 after fullscreen ?

Comment

nope. This is mine:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart +szx 1680 +szy 1050

the "+restart" forces it to skip intro videos, and then that's my custom resolution at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex
          nope. This is mine:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +restart +szx 1680 +szy 1050

the "+restart" forces it to skip intro videos, and then that's my custom resolution at the end.
          thanks for the help.

that kinda worked, but it still does not have the desired resolution in the video options to choose from. i only have 4 in my list and 1440x900 isnt one of them.

Comment

I know, it will not appear in the options. Just add that line, and run the game as normal without going into graphics options and it'll work.

If you look in the graphics options whilst it's running 1440x900, it'll probably show 800x600 as it does not recognise the resolution.

A good test to see whether it's working is to run Xfire at the same time. When you start the game a box will appear saying "game mode started", or words to that effect.

If it's running at 1440x900, the box will look suitably small, where as if it were running at 800x600, it would be very big.

Comment

Teamspeak Overlay is another. If you have it running when you start the game it will show what resolution the game is running in down in the bottom right corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
                Teamspeak Overlay is another. If you have it running when you start the game it will show what resolution the game is running in down in the bottom right corner.
                i enabled tso, nothing showed up at the bottom right or anywhere.

Comment

Make sure you click on the Debug tab and select "Use alternative DirectX method" for TSO to work properly with BF2.

Comment

Working...
                  X