Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chefmoto1
    I wish you could select the ghillie suit for your 1st or 3rd perk
    That would be awesome. But it would get used by everyone.

BTW, how much does a P90 show up if Im lying on my back in the grass? Mini-Uzi sucks too much, and MP5 is a bit too big.

Comment

It doesn't show much but it still shows. I still prefer UAV Jammer over overkill though.

Comment

yeah, no point in hiding if you don't have UAV Jammer.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
          I love the ghillie..

I remember back in BF2(when i played), snipers had that funky looking thing around them, and it acted as ghillie. And it didn't work at all(atleast didn't work for me).

With BF2142, there was the buzzing camo thingy, and it worked time to time. Sometimes it worked like a charm, and sometimes not(IMO).

With Cod4, there was ghillie, and i was amazed that how good it looked, and it actually worked like it's suppose...

IMO, next one who add's ghillie to game, should take few pointers from CoD4 and IW...
          For BF2, you must use shadows, and for those a$$es with lame comps then you use bushes and dark spots of ground.

For BF2142 the people with lame comps see the zz zz zz thing because their lame graphic card won't let you hide. It's all about how you use stuff.

COD4 was perfect, even for the lamest 15FPS comp you can still hide.

Comment

I don't see why an incapable computer is lame, but whatever floats your boat.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
              I don't see why an incapable computer is lame, but whatever floats your boat.

I think he was referring to how a "low end" machine will remove shadowing and show textures poorly, so someone hiding in grass or a shady spot are seen as if they are outside on a sunny day.

In 2142, I knew people that turned down all their shadowing and lighting effects so they could see the cloak device movement and people hiding in buildings.

Some feel its a cheat because it manipulates the environment so you can see people that you shouldnt.

In CoD4 you cant seem to do this as much, making it nice to hide in a place without worrying about the person with the outdated system or those who lowered the settings.

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Yeah, I turned shadows on for a bit, and noticed no difference except a huge FPS drop. So I took a couple opf screens for comparison, and they're the same except with shadows on you get light shining through windows, and the edges are sharper..

Comment

Originally posted by CptainCrunch
                  I think he was referring to how a "low end" machine will remove shadowing and show textures poorly, so someone hiding in grass or a shady spot are seen as if they are outside on a sunny day.

In 2142, I knew people that turned down all their shadowing and lighting effects so they could see the cloak device movement and people hiding in buildings.

Some feel its a cheat because it manipulates the environment so you can see people that you shouldnt.

In CoD4 you cant seem to do this as much, making it nice to hide in a place without worrying about the person with the outdated system or those who lowered the settings.

Crunch
                  But i still hate how that MG works.. When you mount that God damn thing it doesn't render grass right. Or atleast not in Pipeline, and that is the reason why i get tagged by it so often if im hiding on the hill...

Imo IW should really look into this at 1.6...

:salute:

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
                    But i still hate how that MG works.. When you mount that God damn thing it doesn't render grass right. Or atleast not in Pipeline, and that is the reason why i get tagged by it so often if im hiding on the hill...

Imo IW should really look into this at 1.6...

:salute:
                    Tree?

Comment

Originally posted by Md2a View Post
                      Tree?
                      Huh?

If that means hide behind the tree. I have tried, but i have been shot from there too with that MG...

It really sucks that when you run past me, 80% out of the times you don't realize me. But when you mount MG almost across the map, you see me like there is no grass at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Chefmoto1
                        My setup for this is:
                        M40
                        USP .45 Silenced
                        Smoke Grenade(for getting to a good spot unnoticed or just for a distraction)
                        Bandolier(for more pistol ammo)
                        UAV Jammer
                        Iron Lungs(for when I'm not using my knife or pistol)
                        mines=

M40A3
                        USP .45 Silenced
                        Stun(So i can run the hell out of danger)
                        Bandolier
                        Uav Jammer
                        That sprinting thing

Comment

I remember BF2s guillie suit, was a disaster, came out like some mutated bush in team colours. Wasn't very hard to spot...

Hint: On Christmas Crash as I call it, stand in the Christmas Tree and knife to your hearts content.

Comment

Originally posted by Repulse
                            I want more maps where the ghillie suite would be as effective!
                            Definatly, when you feel in a sneaky mood its great fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X