Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Call of Duty in Daily Life

Well, I just had to post this.

I remember similar threads in TBF2, about how instincts/knowledge of a particular game are reflected in everyday life.

For example:

Today my teacher was giving us answers to a worksheet, and she said:

"The answer is D as in Dog" but all I could think of was:

"The answer is B as in Bog"

A D and a B can get confused, but my knowledge of CoD4 maps just made it worse. I ended up wondering what the right answer was - and never asked because it would just be plain silly to not understand "D as in Dog"

A small example, but I'm sure there are other situations.
    So, has Call of Duty in any way affected your life?

D as in Delta, as in Charlie Oscar Delta, as in CoD4 :shock:

Its everywhere. YOURE RIGHT!

Yeah, certain things trigger game memories. I dont know how many times I thought, "If I had my krylov, I wouldnt be in this situation right now." or, "I need dead silence to get out of here."

C as in Crunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

C as in Charlie, as in Charlie Oscar Delta, as in CoD4 .

I don't really get this lol, but i've kinda been there before, when you play a game so much then your brain just goes over and over it, can make things confusing lol.

Comment

Well, mine was a spelling example.

Another example for those who don't understand, in real life I used to check for UAVs in the air sometimes when I'd step outside (BF2 example).

Comment

I get called Patton around campus. ^.^

Comment

After playing with Cherni and his silenced Uzi I'll probably end up jumping for cover whenever I hear a rainstick. :laugh:

Comment

Hm, I haven't had any for CoD4...

But for CS, whenever I hear the grenade hitting stuff sound, I jump... reallly high.

Comment

I swear I hear the grenade "clink" sound throughout my day.

Comment

^Lol, someone gets naded out alot...

Comment

i was walking up these stairs and i had an extremely strange urge to just chuck a grenade up there....

Comment

Loud explosion? R2-UTTH Topol M impact!

Multiple "sparks" in the sky *cough, Sydney new year fireworks*? R2-UTTH Topol M MIRV warhead separation! Run for your lives!

When I meet with fellow classmates who play Call of Duty, I yell out, ten hut! Private, today you are on latrine duty (because I am a rank 55, and my friends are ranks 2-9).

Comment

So is this thread one of those "You know you play COD4 too much when...?"

If so, I love these threads.

You know you play COD4 too much when in every other game, when an enemy is behind something wooden or thin, you try to shoot through the cover only to realize, you're not hitting him.

You know you play COD4 too much when you crouch in every single other game so that people can't hear you.

Comment

This isn't specifically COD4-related, but is FPS gaming-related...

A few yrs back when I played quite a bit of MOH each week, I worked in an office. It had the familiar cubicles, but with high walls (5-6 ft) so that people still had a bit of privacy/noise control. Basically, it was almost a giant maze...or a corridor shooter.

So, If I had been playing a lot of hrs the night before, sometimes first thing in the morning when I was tired, I'd be walking along at work...and thinking about leaning carefully around corners, or half-expecting someone to jump out at me down the hallway. Funny, and a bit sad at the same time. :laugh:

Comment

Loads of grenade spam down Perth City this morning, noobs.

Comment

At times I tend to hold my books like some sort of Shotty.

>_>

Comment

Working...
                              X