runs hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• runs hot

i have a laptop with a gefroce 6150, i have been playin the singloe player version of cod4, realized my pc runs REAQL hot while playing it, is this bad?

Gefroce 6150Go
    2 gigs DDDR2
    amd turion 1.8 x2

It can be. Your laptop is very close to the minimum spec, so it makes sense that it will struggle to run the game. If your vid card begins to over-heat, you'll likely see your screen become all pixelated and rainbow-coloured, at which point you'll have to stop playing.

Comment

just get a cooler of Amazon, i am in Uni curently with a laptop, i play CoD4 although ona 86GT with max settings, my keyboard fries lol, just look for the

Zalman ZM-NC1000

for UK

this cooler is pretty good i know cus i game hard on my lappy!

Comment

Will this work with any laptop like my HP pavilion dv6000, ????

Comment

Hey, i've got a great idea for you and you're laptop. Research "Undervolting". I've done it using RM Clock, and ORthos stress testing. It will cut you're temps by 10-20 degrees....and you won't loose any performance! Look it up.

Comment

thats a good idea waterwizard!

Comment

Undervolting only reduces the temp of the cpu not the gpu and it will only decrease the overall heat by a little. Still you should undervolt as you can lengthen the time you get off the laptop. Try cleaning out the laptop by cleaning out all the dust out of the laptop. Also get a laptop cooler such as the zalman.

Comment

Working...
              X