Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping your profile

Hey, i got a good question.
    Since COD4 saves ur multiplayer profile on your computer not online. If u uninstall COD4, how can u still keep ur current profile, because i don't want to start from a private again.
    Thx
    Sanisk

Copy your mpdata to a flash drive or external hard drive and simply replace it later.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4\Players\Profiles

then just copy the account you want and add it back in when you reinstall.

Comment

Originally posted by [SSM] Aerialz View Post
      Copy your mpdata to a flash drive or external hard drive and simply replace it later.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4\Players\Profiles

then just copy the account you want and add it back in when you reinstall.
      The mpdata file is located in your individual profiles sub directory.

You can put this file into any of your profiles subdirectories this is good if your wanting to make a duplicate account but wanting to keep the same rank and unlocks (for creating extra classes, etc).

You will only be able to transfer your mpdata file onto other systems if the CoD4 serial key is the same (don't go sharing your cd key, you won't be able to connect to online servers if a system is already connected to the net with an identical key).

Comment

1 more question, can u tell me where do i put my clan tag
        plz include instruction

Comment

Originally posted by sansk77
          1 more question, can u tell me where do i put my clan tag
          plz include instruction
          Open CoD4 Multiplayer. Click Options, click Multiplayer Options, edit the "Player Name" field.

Comment

so u basicly have to add it to ur name, ok i see, thx for all you guys' help

Comment

Working...
            X