Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch error

Hi all,
    I just bought COD4 today and I keep getting an error ''Please insert the correct DVD-ROM, select ok and restart application'' when I launch single player.

Multiplayer works fine & it ran really smooth in game. I've played loads of FPS games(Source, COD 2,3) & I want to get into this but I'd obviously like to have a go at single player. I've followed all the instructions on Activison site but none of them have worked. Can anyone help me please!?

Thanks,

Kag

First, you need to use the DVD drive you installed the game with, if you have two drives.

I built a new system a few weeks ago and had the same problem. My new system is entirely SATA, no IDE. The security on the CD (Along with all my other security CDS like BF2, 2142, Crysis) was not being read correctly. I could read the disk fine and install the game, but could not play the game.

If you have a new computer or it is all SATA and the problem is similiar to mine, this is the fix;

In HARDWARE MANAGER, under SCSI and RAID Controllers, I had the Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID CONTROLLER. The driver was dated March of 2007. I went on Intels site and downloaded the latest "Intel Storage Matrix driver" which updated it to September of 2007. Problem fixed.

Most successful on the internet:
    The number 2 thing that fixes this issue, is updating the firmware on your DVDRom. You have to go to the manufacturers website to get those.

The number 3 fix was replacing the SATA DVDRom with another brand DVDRom.

The number 4 fix was replacing the SATA DVDRom with an IDE DVDRom.

The number 5 fix was changing the SATA modes to different settings such as AHCI, COMPATIBLE, and STANDARD (Varies by BIOS)

The number 6 fix was flashing the BIOS to the latest version.

IW and EA have information on this as well. You can do a search on their support sites for "Insert DVD-ROM" and it will provide a checklist of stuff, though most have said it doesnt work.

I just refused to believe that my up-to-date system couldnt read a DVD. It took me two weeks to figure this out and no one was even touching the problem with a ten foot pole.

Good luck, try these things out. If updating the storage driver doesnt fix it, update your chipset drivers as well.

Thats all I got on this.

CrunchCrunch
    Twitter: @CptainCrunch
    Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
    X