Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell me someone has any Solution to this!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me someone has any Solution to this!!!

I've been scowering all sorts of forums for days and hours in this particular sitting trying to find out how in god's name i can install SF. I bought the game from a friend who no longer has it installed and I have recently tried to install sf for the first time on my computer. When it gets to "preparing to patch bf2 to version 1.1" nothing happens....task manager says its running..but nothing at all happens.

I have found seemingly hundreds of similar complaints on other threads but almost all of them are left hanging with no solution and none of the others with suggestions did anything for me. I have uninstalled twice completely, I have cleaned registry and all BF files..I have tried installing sf from a clean bf2 v1.0 install, I have tried it from a manual install of v1.12 as well as from v1.41 which should work in the first place. Absolutely nothing has worked for me and this is so frustrating..I've been trying to get second tier weapons for months here and I've been playing bf2 for 2 years with no prior installation problems..I dont understand this...Someone help!!!! Before I go nuts!!!!

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am not referring to the other very common problem when installing this game, the old "patching failed" deal. Mine doesnt even get me so far as a patching failed message..it just does absolutely nothing but sit with that little gray box saying preparing to patch

hmm post system specs please.

but for now, have you tried (in this order):

1. install bf2

2. download and apply/install patch v1.41

3. install sf

let us know how u get on

Comment

You sometimes have to leave it for a while. I remember I had the same problem. It only started patching after like 10 mins.

Start it, and then leave the computer for an hour or so when your going out, it should be done when your back.

Comment

Yeah, mine took ages to start!
        You have to wait agessssssssss......

Comment

well i guess we've established that patience is the key.

how long are you giving it RedOx? I'd say give it at least 30 mins to make sure, depending on your pc. also it could be a corrupt installtion file, try downloading from another source, if all else fails.

Comment

If your running in Vista it may help if you run the installation as an administrator. Just give it time to unpack as nearly everyone else suggested also.

Comment

Indeed, it turns out patience plus utilizing the many suggestions i heard was the ticket. I uninstalled and reinstalled, cleaned registry and bf files like 3 times with no luck. I actually had waited for over 30 minutes originally, but I decided to give it one more try after patching to 1.41 and a reboot and left the comp on while I made dinner and it somehow worked. I came back and it was ready to install but, to add insult to injury I had to deal with the shaders/lighting error, which I did thanks again to these boards!! I did end up getting the game up and running though and then repatched to 1.41. I guess if anyone else finds this thread and has this problem just try everything a good few times, make sure everything is cleaned off entirely, reboot early and often and most of all patience

Comment

Good to see you got it fixed. Installers with built in patchers can be bad news

Comment

im happy that you managed to get it all sorted, i can imagine your previous frustration, but must've felt great for you when you came back to find that it had worked =)

Comment

Working...
                  X