config_mp.cfg question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• config_mp.cfg question

Does anyone know what variable in config_mp.cfg shows what your current brightness/gamma level is?

Also, is there a way to detect what this is set via PunkBuster checks?

I gotta ask, why do u want PB to check players brightness/gamma level??

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
      I gotta ask, why do u want PB to check players brightness/gamma level??
      I want to find out if I can detect if it's above a certian level and kick a player if it is. On the night map that we have on our custom map server, it's possible to turn your brightness up so it looks just like the day version.

Please, do not turn this into a discussion about if this is right or wrong. I'm sure someone out there would disagree with me, so if anyone wants to discuss that, please create your own thread. I'll say it now... It's my server, and whatever settings I want is of no concern to anyone else. (yeah, I know the types of trolls that are ready to jump on this topic.)

Comment

Don't worry im not gonna start arguing if that is right or wrong... I just wanted to know why u wanna do that...

Comment

Originally posted by StoneCold313 View Post
          Don't worry im not gonna start arguing if that is right or wrong... I just wanted to know why u wanna do that...
          I know, but there are trolls out there that'll jump on this topic.

If I get an answer elsewhere, I'll post it here for all to benefit from.

Comment

seta r_gamma "0.8 <------thats mine...but thats all i could find, but i checked it again after i changed it and the value changed also but hopefully someone else will chime in with the correct answer if im wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtreme
              seta r_gamma "0.8 <------thats mine...but thats all i could find, but i checked it again after i changed it and the value changed also but hopefully someone else will chime in with the correct answer if im wrong.
              I know that much. I'm just wondering about the correct entry in the pbsvuser.cfg. I figured it's probably something like the other entries I have:

pb_sv_cvar r_gamma IN 0.00 1.00

But I'm not sure if it's supposed to be IN or OUT (some entries say OUT) and if the formating of the numbers is right.

Comment

Maybe even try hitting someone up at Punkbuster's website explaining what you wish to do and why and they may give you the answer you need...worse case is they tell you they dont know..lol

Comment

I decided to experiment and found that adding this line:

pb_sv_cvar r_gamma IN 0.00 1.00

to your pbsvuser.cfg file will kick anyone with their gamma set too high. You can experiment with the 1.00 setting. Mine is set to 0.8 when I play. 1.00 is a little liberal because some player's monitors may be inherently darker than others.

Comment

Good deal bud, spread the word now guys...keep things on a more even keel in game.

Comment

Working...
                    X