question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

Hey guys just rebuilt my computer so i had to reinstall cod4. Now did i just lose all my stuff or is there a retrieve my account like 2142? thanks.

Originally posted by fmcvlad67 View Post
    Hey guys just rebuilt my computer so i had to reinstall cod4. Now did i just lose all my stuff or is there a retrieve my account like 2142? thanks.
    Account information is stored on the harddrive itself and not online. So I'm afraid there's not much you can do to retrieve your old account. Sorry.

Comment

Aw man thats a bummer, so i have to start over again. They aught to fix that. Thank you very much for the reply.

Comment

Be sure to backup ur MP-data on a usb drive or an external harddrive, cause as long as u have the same cd-key you can copy and paste the mp data between profiles and if you get a new comp you still have your rank and unlocks.

Comment

Did you erased the Cod4 directory after uninstall?
          If not, i think your stuff is still there.
          I've uninstalled and re-installed COd a few times now and i've never lost the ranks and unlocks, they were there.
          But if it was completelly erased, bye bye info. :/

Comment

What happens if i move between xp and vista will it still work?

Comment

If you do not backup your profile directory in cod4 and format your harddrive, you lose your data and start over.

If your harddrive crashes and all data is gone, you lose your data and start over.

If you uninstall CoD4 and delete the left over folder that has your profile, you lose your data and start over.

If your computer randomly shuts down and corrupts your profile, you lose your data and start over.

If you install on a brand new computer and do not copy your profile over, you lose your data and start over.

If you do not want to lose your data and start over, with ANYTHING you do or may run into, you want to backup your profile.

Here is a link on how to do that:
              http://www.totalgamingnetwork.com/ma...d.php?t=136489

Crunch
              Twitter: @CptainCrunch
              Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Ya i think iam hosed , i thought it was online like 2142 stats and bf2 my bad.So my son used my old hard drive and reformatted it. Well i guess its a lesson learned there. I had a lot of great perks too. Well basicly i suck at the game anyways so it wont hurt my stats but it will suck having all stock stuff again lol. Thanks for everyones input and wish me luck getting my stuff back again. Good hunting all.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcvlad67 View Post
                  Ya i think iam hosed , i thought it was online like 2142 stats and bf2 my bad.So my son used my old hard drive and reformatted it. Well i guess its a lesson learned there. I had a lot of great perks too. Well basicly i suck at the game anyways so it wont hurt my stats but it will suck having all stock stuff again lol. Thanks for everyones input and wish me luck getting my stuff back again. Good hunting all.
                  Dont worry, you'll be back in no time Remember, you can pick up weapons from your victims to get you by.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Thx Captain, Hope to be your next target lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X