Game running slowly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game running slowly...

I just bought COD 4 and it works fine, just the audio/video are running slowly, and I was wondering if anyone knew of anything to help this problem.

I have Windows Vista Home Basic on a Dell Inspiron 1501. I have an AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55 1.80 GHz, and 1918 MB Ram.

I have DirectX 10 Installed, and an ATI Radeon Video Card.

I was wondering if anyone knew what the problem might be or what i could download/install to fix this.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Whats the GFX card model? also your proc is pretty slow as well.

Comment

updating to ATI Radeon X1800 Card, which is the recommended one for it, as far as i know.

Comment

Try updating both your video card drivers and audio drivers.

Comment

I have the reccomended video card for best experience and its still running slow.

Comment

Originally posted by Twevle View Post
            I have the reccomended video card for best experience and its still running slow.
            Not video card.

Vid card DRIVERS (the software that tells your vid card what to do.) These are updated often with bug fixes and optimizations that help your games run better.

Go to www.ati.com, read the FAQ's, and download/install the latest drivers.

Comment

How do i tell which is the latest driver? there are Radeons and Radeon X's, which is better performance?

Comment

Start here: http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html

Then select your Vista operating system, then select "Radeon", then your video card model, then click "Go".

Comment

Working...
                X