norton internet security 2008 conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• norton internet security 2008 conflict

i just installed norton internet security 2008 on my computer, and im having trouble connecting and even locating servers. this morning, i could refresh and get servers with pings of anywhere between 20 to 200. now though, i keep getting the same servers with ping of +800. i know its not an internet connection problem. i also tried to set IW3mp.exe and all other cod4 exe files on the allow list of the fire wall and still nothing. i even tried to turn off the fire wall, but it still is bad. does anybody else here have a similar problem and does anybody know how to fix it

Ok i resolved my owm problem but i want to post the solution and if the mods dont mind, can we leave this post open so others who find they have similar problems can fix it,

the problem is that i kept trying to fix the firewall rules for cod4 and other games

you have to check the rules for "Microsoft generic Host Process for win 32/64"
    and make sure its set from Auto to allow

I've always thought the Norton tools were good tools, unless you are an online gamer. I had nothing but problems trying to play online with them installed. I finally removed it and all was good.

Comment

i have norton via the BT Total Broadband package and don't have any problems whatsoever (touch wood)

Comment

Working...
      X