GunShip Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GunShip Advice

Ok, now I'm working on my gunships kills, I need a few tips and some advice.

Some things I noticed:
    I keep getting dead stick, my gunships will roll right or left and I cannot recover, all I can do is power up and climb.

Missles from enemy gunships are going through my emp shield, as well as they are reloading/emp recharging faster then me.

Other players ram me with their emp on and I die they do not.

I have noticed a flip manuever where the gunship is upside down, all the sudden they flip right up again.

I'm assuming that by "EMP Shield" you mean active defense...

First off, no, their missiles and shields don't recharge faster, thats just your imagination

Ramming is EXTREMELY situational. Sometimes you can get away without taking much damage, it all depends on "what part of my gunship hit what part of yours moving at what speed and what direction". The shield has nothing to do with it.

As for "dead stick" you just have to learn not to pull so sharply when you are low to the ground. If you are high up, then you can flip back up.

Flip Maneuver, just pull on the mouse up (or down, I don't remember) and hold S (hover). You should right yourself pretty quick.

Another fun trick that is *fairly* new is flying backwards/upside down If you are moving fast enough forward, you can flip yourself over and fly at extremely high speeds. Really hard to learn, but once you get how it works its easy.

EDIT: Add me to your buddy list, I'll let you fly with me sometime so I can show you some of the moves that will help you in battle

Comment

Active defense only detonates explosive projectiles. Hence why machine guns are unblocked, and mines are detonated by the AD, but since the explosion is so big, it still kills you.

Comment

I know guns will pierce active defense, I'm a pretty good transport pilot, I use a joystick. Maybe I am having some lag problems(wow)

Comment

There are many things to consider when flying, I am not a good teacher but I will tell you a thing or two. Try to avoid situations where you are hovering in circles face to face with your enemy, yet if this does happen, you can overpower them by tilting very hard and still looking at them. this will throw you right behind them and an easy kill. Another thing that has saved my life and got me kills was looking around. When flying across the map, always use the G key and look around, you will also be surprised at the things you find behind you by cycling through the veiws.

Comment

C Key, unless you re-bound it

Comment

Originally posted by Wizrdwarts View Post
              Active defense only detonates explosive projectiles. Hence why machine guns are unblocked, and mines are detonated by the AD, but since the explosion is so big, it still kills you.
              Sometimes it just doesnt work. I've been in a walker/tank and been destroyed by the gunship tv missile, normal gunship missiles, walker rockets quite a few times

Comment

Working...
              X