Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2 crashes, online play.

hello

ive searched the forum for some related stuff.
    But before I wanted to try stuff like that i wanted to be sure what to do so thats why I made a thread for it.

When I am playing Battlefield 2 online my game sometimes freezes (either turns black or just stops) sometimes my controls still seem to work.

this happens randomly in rounds. even had rounds where nothing happend.

and also it randomly shuts down the game and returns to my desktop.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, build 2600)
    INTEL_
    D915PGN
    BIOS Date: 06/09/04 18:06:30 Ver: 09.00.10
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.20GHz (2 CPUs)
    1022MB RAM
    529MB used 1929MB Available
    DirectX 9.0x

graphic card: NVIDIA GeForce 6600

It used to run fine. and I dont know what happened that made it do this kind of stuff.

Thanks for reading.

- Ruffion

You need more ram, ideally 2GB or more and that gfx card is also on the low side.

I suggest you check out this BF2 tweakguide, then this system guide.

Comment

ty for the fast reply.

im still wondering why it always used to work if my problem is the ram or the graphic card.

Comment

Originally posted by ruffion View Post
        ty for the fast reply.

im still wondering why it always used to work if my problem is the ram or the graphic card.
        When BF2 came out if was not all that system instense and after each patch came out the game became more & more system intense, thus needing more powerful hardware to play at an acceptable frame rate.

Comment

thanks alot again

i have 1 more question.

what would be the first/best to go for, the ram or the graphic card? im kinda low on cash atm

thanks in advance

Comment

Well what do you have AGP or PCI-Express? I would say get a new GFX card first.

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper1432 View Post
              Well what do you have AGP or PCI-Express? I would say get a new GFX card first.
              I disagree, if he gets a better gfx card his ram will be the bottle neck to his whole system.

I would get atleast another 1GB of RAM and then save up for a better gfx card.

With another 1GB of RAM you will not have the stutteing in BF2 or less of it atleast, this is until you get a new gfx card.

Comment

well I played BF2 fine with less than 1 gig and a 7900 back in the day as long as it was all medium.

Comment

Working...
                X