Intentionally or to balance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intentionally or to balance?

Hey everyone. These days something about bf 2142 is being a bit annoying to me. the reloading time... why is it too slow? is it to balance the game because it is not a deathmatch game? we all know it's a game supposed to be played as a team. do you think the developers made it too slow intentionally? it makes me really mad when my magazine is empty in front of an enemy, there is no chance to keep yourself alive and you get killed while reloading. any suggestions anyone?

If you emptied your clip and suddenly there's an enemy in front of you or you didn't kill him yet, quickly pull out your sidearm and try finishing him off this way. You can also try to go for a knife kill.
    Of course it is intentional. This is not Quake 3 Arena or Counter Strike. I guess you played DM Games before. You will get used to the reloading times.

Comment

i try to take cover if i need to reload. sometimes it works. sometimes it does not. I don't think they intentionally made it longer. seems about the same as any other game.

Comment

Imagine you instantly spawned when killed, could you imagine how hard it would be to progress and take flags etc. It makes you take your life more important, be more cautious etc

Comment

well in deathmatch games usually the reloading time is fast. consider call of duty for example. reloading time is much faster. but in bf series i think it's obviously too slow. i dont know the name of the weapon that recon has, the semi automatic one, the 3rd unlock. if you observe the reloading animation he first pushes the magazine to get it out and when he is reloading the new one he first puts the magazine in the hole and then pushes it slowly inside. that's really slow there. what are you going to do if you are in the middle of an open area and there is no cover around then?

Comment

All weapons have set times to reload, it for balancing reasons. This isnt' CoD it's BF, BF isn't a Death Match game, so there is a spawn time for balancing purposes.

Comment

I suggest a Speed Button which makes reloading faster. However, you have a X% possibility to do something wrong, clip falling down, not hitting the right spot etc.

Comment

I think it's more of a challenge and I like it that way tbh - it forces you to get good with your peripheral weapons which is something you should do, and it teaches you how to conserve ammo properly too (with the addition of bullet wastage), not to mention picking and choosing cover and your moments, it's just more of a challenge and I find deathmatch games suffer a bit after playing BF, but like Eze said you shouldn't really compare the two.

Comment

I have gotten myself into the habit of reloading everytime when there isnt a full out battle. E.g. Running from Harbour to Toll in Camp G.

Sure, I may waste a few bullets but you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Comment

guns have different reload times

this isn't quake etc etc

if you run out of ammo, you are a dunce and failed. get better!

Comment

Long load times are beneficial, since it discourages spray and pray tactics. My personal technique when out of ammo at close quarters is to get my pistol out and charge at the enemy while shooting, which can have the effect of unnerving them. If I don't kill them with my pistol clip, then out comes the knife (Which is bound to a click on my mouse wheel for speedy access. :evil: )

Comment

Jeesh at least the loading times in BF are somewhat realistic. The reload time isn't very long for me but I've played BF for a long time and I'm used to it.

Long load times are beneficial, since it discourages spray and pray tactics.
                        Indeed, in most DM games all you do is spray and pray (perhaps not CS then)

Comment

well, however i like the reloading animations. the sounds and other stuff. im not comparing bf to dm games at all. im just saying the reloading time is very long. support's machine gun is a pain in the a** for me i can go to kitchen and get myself a cup of tea during that time .

Comment

yea the Support Guns do take a while, but they rarely have to reload as they have massive clips, it's all done for balancing purposes mate, and i think they have done it good

Comment

yea i think so. i wish there was no overheat for support guns and no reload like the game Painkiller :P.
                              one another thing pisses me off about support is it's crosshair thing. takes too long to get back to its normal place for example when you are running and you need to prone immediately to shoot at an enemey. all the bullets are wasted till the crosshair get backs to normal.

Comment

Working...
                              X