punkbuster/modding question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• punkbuster/modding question

i have been messing around with modding CoD4 recently. i can guess that if i join PB server i will get insta smacked with the ban hammer, but what about non PB servers? will it ban me? i can't see how it would.

the second question is: will my mods work on the server? it wouldn't be running them in its server files.

ok i read that and it sounds like i am talking about hacks. i am not. i am talking about my RPD shooting RPG rounds as fast as it shoots RPD rounds, or my Barrett having a 200 round clip and being full auto.

First, if you are just changing the dvars to achieve those things, you will simply not be able to connect because of an impure client.

Second, a "mod" for the barrett to have 200 rounds and full auto would most definately be considered a "hack" if you were the only person on the server to have it. If it were a server weapons mod where everyone could pick it, then that is different.

Comment

Originally posted by eXo|Cecil View Post
      First, if you are just changing the dvars to achieve those things, you will simply not be able to connect because of an impure client.

Second, a "mod" for the barrett to have 200 rounds and full auto would most definately be considered a "hack" if you were the only person on the server to have it. If it were a server weapons mod where everyone could pick it, then that is different.

well when we are bored we run a server for a bunch of mods we have come up with. but i was just curious as i know a few non PB servers that i would liek to mess with.

i don't know what dvars are i just change the .iwd's to do what i want them to. like RPG's shooting knife's

Comment

You would most likey not even be able to connect. I'm pretty sure "Impure Client" will stop you.

Comment

You say this isn't a hack,its a mod,then why don't you release your mod,so that everybody can use it,and nobody has an unfair advantage.
          You won't be allowed to join any servers,since the you changed the .iwd's which are now impure.
          Why would you want to play on public servers with a modded weapon that gives you an unfair advantage over the other players? thats called cheating or hacking.
          Either release it as a mod or stay on your own server.

Comment

anyone can join the server(when its up). its not finished yet, so why would we release it? when it is finished we probably will release it for everyone to play, till then you will have to try and catch the server up. i want to play on DiG servers, when doorman is on just to **** with them cause he hacks.

Comment

Working...
            X