Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Semi-auto assault rifles

Hey all

So I was thinking to myself, why some of the guns fired in certain modes.

And since IW doesn't want to make ROF selectors I just wanted to know how everybody feels about this.

I searched and found nothing on this so don't flame!

Anyway, IMO, the G3 should be full auto, although in real life I doubt anybody would use it that way. And I think the M16A4 should be semi, TBH I don't think I know anybody who would ever use an M16 in burst mode. Even in CQB.

Originally posted by Bradley
    Hey all

So I was thinking to myself, why some of the guns fired in certain modes.

And since IW doesn't want to make ROF selectors I just wanted to know how everybody feels about this.

I searched and found nothing on this so don't flame!

Anyway, IMO, the G3 should be full auto, although in real life I doubt anybody would use it that way. And I think the M16A4 should be semi, TBH I don't think I know anybody who would ever use an M16 in burst mode. Even in CQB.
    Bradley, I disagree with you. The G3 works very well as an auto-fire weapon. Also, the M16 was given a 'burst fire' mode because of how accurate and effective those three-shot groups are. I would always use an M16 in "burst" vs. semi auto unless I was shooting at a distance target for accuracy.

Comment

Fine as is, I think.

Comment

I agree with these guys, i think its fine as it is. The current M16 is amazing.

Comment

Should be a button ingame which swithces the fire modes

Comment

Maybe just a selector in kit creator. On the fly switching, though realistic, just feels vaguely exploitable and would eliminate some of the key differences between the guns.

For a full auto G3 play single player. It's pretty rape...

Comment

I agree with the above!

I love the g3 as a semi, if your really quick at clicking you can use it like an auto, but you have the luxury of having the single shot for sniping

Comment

then dont change the g3 just other gunzzz

Comment

I think it should be kept as is, at least for the M16, which would be much too powerful Full Auto, but other weapons might need selections in Create-A-Class.

Lets see them handle an M14 Full Auto.

Comment

I don't care/fine as is.

Comment

Its fine, leave it, please, don't ruin it!!!!!

If anything, Make the server browser better!

Comment

Make it a kit option instead of a selector.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDesert_Fox View Post
                          For a full auto G3 play single player. It's pretty rape...
                          Or make an AHK macro. I swear, the first time I tried it, I :laugh: for a good minute... it's so unfair and cool.

Comment

I'm a fan of a slector, was a good feature in cod and coduo for some weapons.

Balance issue I can see with the g3 would be its recoil would have to be substantially increased in auto modes, as would the m16's.

With switching firing modes ur disadvantaging urself for certain shots and would also involve in a slight delay as you switched. I say it should never have been dropped.

Although saying that I do enjoy the m16 3 round burst - just find it a b1tch to get the headshots consistantlly with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood View Post
                              Should be a button ingame which swithces the fire modes
                              My point!

Some of you don't understand me...

I mean make an ROF selector or something, but keep ROF real, like semi/burst M16, semi/ auto AK, ect...

Comment

Working...
                              X