Ignoring MD5Tool Queries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ignoring MD5Tool Queries

I did a quick search and there was only one other poster with this problem. No one replied in that thread and it was at least year old, so I've made a new thread.

Problem I am having is I am being kicked by pb for "Ignoring MD5Tool Queries". Punk buster is up to date, and I only just did a fresh install of BF2 today to fix another problem. I'm running Vista, 500gb hdd, 1gb Ram, AMD Athlonx2, with a Radeon X1300 series video card. All AV and firewalls are tunred off whilst playing.

Any help would be appreciated.

make sure BF2 is running as administrator.

Comment

Try updating punkbuster using the pbsetup.exe utility (download from their website).

And don't turn off your firewall!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah I'll double check that its running as administrator. The_Mad_MoShah why wouldn't I turn my software firewall off? It slows things down causing choppy game play.

Anyway I'll check its running under admin and get back to you all. Thanks.

UPDATE: Well it seemed to have worked at first but then i noticed upon joining the !GuN! server I get kicked for "Ignoring MD5Tool Queries". It seems to only happen in the !GuN! server, could it be a server side problem?

Ok another problem, I'm losing key packets, which i know is usually because of a poor connection or a firewall that isnt configured properly. However it doesn't make sense, as i said in my first post, i turn my firewall off before i play. Also I only just became un-capped so my connection should be fine.

I've just done a speed test to make sure and yes its fine, currently 1256kbps down and 173 up. Not an amazing connection but its enough for the moment and usually works. So, any ideas with these two problems?

Comment

When your firewall is down its a window of opportunity for Hackers. I keep mine on, does not make much difference to performance for me (I use Comodo Firewall).

Comment

I'm aware it creates a window of opportunity for hackers.. I'm using ZoneAlarm atm, does the job well enough but I don't see the need to keep it running whilst I game. Anyway can we keep this post on topic please, i could really use some help.

Comment

*BUMP* What no help at all...?

Comment

Key packets problem usually goes away by itself, i couldnt log on for a day, everytime i got into a game i would be kicked for losing key packets but after a day or so it started working fine, also, same with the MD5 Tools thingy, i also had that, but i think after a few re-installs and so, if fixed it.

Comment

Okay, thats sucks but I guess I'll have to re-install yet again.

Comment

Working...
                  X