Crash after 1.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash after 1.5

Is anyone else not about to load their game now?

I loaded it after steam had updated and then it said Xfire was having problems and i should upload something so i did. I clicked the icon again and the same xfire crap came up.

So i shut down Xfire and now when i click the play icon i get a CTD saying that the iwg3.exe or something like that file didnt respond.

Any help?

Steam forums have nothing on it.

go back to 1.4 because 1.5 is a BIG failure. I was so mad not duo to that ther are no new maps,perks,cammo s but duo to that the reales something and it just dont work cmone this is bullcrap

Comment

Well, I crashed one time, and the server browser went crazy for a little while.

I prefer 1.4, but I'll have to do with 1.5, it isn't so bad that I have to fall back to 1.4.

Comment

ok so there are no new guns, but i would rather have no new guns then guns that were put in that completely wrecked the balance that there is now.

Comment

New guns? What are you talking about... This was a patch, not an expansion!

Comment

I am really disappointed though, for "listening to the community" the best they could come up with is telling us when and when we cant hold our breath

Comment

I agree that it is less than stellar, but let's move along and play some custom maps to feel better!

At least we know that they intend on rolling out regular, small updates. That's a good thing. It also means that 1.6 is just a few weeks away.

Choose to be happy. At least the update didn't kill your game like some EA patches have. :yay:

Comment

well atm i cant play lol

Comment

I haven't moved to 1.5 yet. TBH, by their 5th patch it's only likely that there'll be a mistake made. Look at 2142, it's gotten 4 and almost all were mistakes.

1.1, 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 were great after all, they need some slack.

Comment

Personally i dont think IW are any better than DICE's patches.

Why?

Because IW have barely released any content in patches that could cause much damage unlike where DICE had to nerf, buff weapons fix bugs, it leave far more room open to mistake.

IW imo are playing it very safe with thei patches, thats not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesnt mean we are likely to see some of the gameplay changes we would like.

Comment

I find it rather funny how one's expectations of a developer increases as what their original input was.

Its a bloody patch. IW are doing the best thing, DICE were idiots to get game balance wrong and changed everything. IW is doing a great job compared to DICE and there is no excuse on criticising them.

Apart from the browser, everything else is perfect.

Comment

Yea i agree completely but you cant say any of IW patches have been overly special and so far they have not really listened to the community at all other than the sniper buff.

Comment

I don't think they need to. COD is a community driven game (IE. Maps and Mods), and IW have delivered the game. Now its up to use to improve on it.

Unless they make an expansion etc, I believe the game is perfect, and the developers have done a good job.

Comment

I think the game is near perfect but there are still a few things i would personally change but if it stayed the way it was it would not bother me as its a fun game atm to play.

Comment

"IW is doing a great job compared to DICE and there is no excuse on criticising them."

I agree with that, however, BF2 was WAY more innovative and 'pushed the envelope' much moreso than IW did with COD4 MP.

Cod4 is better balanced is all---the maps are very uninspired though.

Comment

Working...
                              X