Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your connection to the server has been lost

I'm getting this message way too often.
    I join a game, start moving and maybe turn around and it disconnects back to the title page. WTF?
    It just happened 3 times in a row and I was never in-game for more than about 5 seconds. lol
    Afterwards, if I try reconnecting to that server, or another one, it just refreshes the server screen and gives the same message (see thread title).

Not quite sure why this is, as when I am actually playing, the ping is usually pretty good (100s or lower) and I haven't had issues with other games, or internet in general.

Is there anything you can think of that might fix this? Maybe an update that I'm missing?

Oh yeah, I have the latest bf2 patch, plus my punkbuster is up-to-date. Although some days, I'll be able to play for 5 minutes, maybe 10-15 minutes before disconnect....but it always happens.

-Viper_RWI

hey viper,

this seems to happen randomly to a VERY large number of players, including myself. I am not sure how it happens exactly, but just seems to happen randomly, you just have to keep trying different servers till one of them works for you, sometimes it tells you your connection has been lost before you even see a loading screen.

Sometimes the game loads and as soon as you select a spawn point the message appears, sometimes it also happens after about 30 seconds or even a round or two.

The best thing i can recommend is to update PB - it only worked for me once, but i think that was a coincidence, because everytime afterwards i tried - it hasnt.

So yeah, sorry but i think its just part of the tapestry that is BF2 bugs

hope you get to play soon!

EDIT: i have heard that playing using an eathernet connection helps - ie. if you dont use a wireless connection, this is less likely to happen. I have not tried this, but it could be worth a try in your case!

Comment

I'll try updating pb, but I just did it about a week ago. Not sure if there's been a new patch in that time, but it's worth a try.
      I wish I had ethernet, but I'm on dsl. Still should be fast enough, but mine is the lower speed dsl.

cpu is getting a bit dated, but still should work ok.
      Athlon x2 3800+ (~2.0 GHz)
      2GB OCZ Platinum DDR
      7900GS geforce card

Comment

your system spec seems fine to run the game.

i know how frustrated you must be, ive been there. but as i said just keep trying and *if* possible try to avoid wireless - not only faster, but less packets lost

=)

Comment

Working...
        X