No Far Cry 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Far Cry 2?

How come there is no Far Cry 2 forum? This game is gonna be so next-gen that it blows all of the games on this website away including crysis. I figured this was one of those websites that consist of some high quality graphic next gen games that were first person shooter.

Far Cry 2 easily beats FFOW / UT3 / MOHA / ETQW. Well that's just my opinion. I don't understand why Far Cry 2 hasn't been put up. Can anyone explain? I rather much see Far Cry 2 up then Battlefield: Heroes a free game with cartoon graphics. Not saying that it is a bad game but Far Cry 2 compared to it beats it in so many ways. Well after all this is just my opinion. Are you guys looking forward to Far Cry 2? Do you wanna see a Far Cry 2? And maybe some reasons why or why not you would.

Originally posted by Physcokiller08 View Post
    How come there is no Far Cry 2 forum? This game is gonna be so next-gen that it blows all of the games on this website away including crysis. I figured this was one of those websites that consist of some high quality graphic next gen games that were first person shooter.

Far Cry 2 easily beats FFOW / UT3 / MOHA / ETQW. Well that's just my opinion. I don't understand why Far Cry 2 hasn't been put up. Can anyone explain? I rather much see Far Cry 2 up then Battlefield: Heroes a free game with cartoon graphics. Not saying that it is a bad game but Far Cry 2 compared to it beats it in so many ways. Well after all this is just my opinion. Are you guys looking forward to Far Cry 2? Do you wanna see a Far Cry 2? And maybe some reasons why or why not you would.
    To be honest, I haven't looked much into the game other than a few images here and there and it didn't look very next-gen to me. With that being said, they may have been older screens. I'll look into it some more and who knows, if the demand is great enough, maybe we will have a site/forums for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Physcokiller08 View Post
      Far Cry 2 easily beats FFOW / UT3 / MOHA / ETQW.
      How do you know this? Far cry 2 only released a couple trailers and FFOW didn't even come out yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bladeeagle View Post
        How do you know this? Far cry 2 only released a couple trailers and FFOW didn't even come out yet.
        I've played FFOW and compared to Far Cry 2. Far Cry beats it in so many ways.
        Though these are just my opinions here goes:

1.Far Cry 2 has no levels it's like a MMORPG it's open world do what you want with it.

2. Day / Night cycle

3. Weather System

4. Vegetation grow system

5. Graphics are way more intense

6. Way smarter AI

7. Way more destruction

8. If wounded need to treat depending on what and how is injured. (in my opinion way better then just going around picking up health packs, much more diverse gameplay)

9. Mostly everything reacts on everything (don't know how to explain this that much) But let's say during the plot line and you do missions for a certain type of people the opposing force I guess you could say reacts on that, also depending on wind, rain, ect.. Fire may spread more rapidly or in one direction. Just in other words it's way more life-like

10. And there's probably a lot of other nice features that either I can't think of or either haven't seen in the game yet.

To me this is very next-gen. It offers a lot more then crysis did.

The only thing I'm kind of nervous about is the multiplayer everything I've heard so far is singleplayer but no MP. I hope it's not like crysis because personally crysis MP sucks. Mostly everything in the SP was cut out in the MP. And a lot less fun and just plain boring.

Comment

Sounds exactly the same as Crysis. Maybe they should have a combined forum?

Comment

Total Cry?

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkers View Post
              Total Cry?
              Haha I just now understand why they named these games with Cry because those games make your computer literally CRY... lol... oh i wish i could come up with a better punch line and it would've been perfect oh well... :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Comment

To be honest, Crysis kinda looks better. Far Cry, imo, has too much bloom, glow, hdr and all that going on. Gameplay will still be fun, but graphics are meh.
                Does it look good? yes.
                Does it look Crysis good? no. Crysis alone with edgeAA, coronas, shadows and shaders very high looks like it`s pre-rendered for a movie or something. That`s how good Crysis looks.
                Far Cry 2 has what all the other games has, plastic looking people and **** loads of bloom. I do like its setting though and the action seems to be fun.

Comment

Considering they're both built on the same engine there is bound to be some similarities, however i like the free roaming aspect that will be introduced to FarCry2,

Comment

The screenshots out there at the moment seem pretty impressive, I like the idea of having a recentish environment with the graphics Crysis had to offer. I also agree with Alex, as Crysis as it is at the moment doesn't seem to be getting that much attention, if something isn't offered there its going to fade away like Arma.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
                      Sounds exactly the same as Crysis. Maybe they should have a combined forum?
                      That's a good idea. :salute:

Comment

Originally posted by Scinto View Post
                        Considering they're both built on the same engine there is bound to be some similarities, however i like the free roaming aspect that will be introduced to FarCry2,
                        FC 2 doesn`t use Cryengine 2. Ubisoft made their own.
                        I don`t like Far Cry 2`s graphics, but gameplay seems to be fun.

Crysis`gfx are hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by L3adCannon
                          FC 2 doesn`t use Cryengine 2. Ubisoft made their own.
                          I don`t like Far Cry 2`s graphics, but gameplay seems to be fun.

Crysis`gfx are hard to beat.
                          yeah I agree. I think the features in FC2 are really cool. I like how the grass can catch on fire and then burn for a while

Comment

Crysis and Far Cry are very similar, however, i feel that the game play is much better. Plus there is new fetures than Crysis such as starting forest fires, etc.

Total Far Cry ftw!

Comment

I think we should wait and see what the game turns out like when it is released, I mean the health system looks great and all but pulling bullets out of yourself while in the middle of a firefight begs some thought

Im hoping it will be good, will have to be very good to equal my love of Crysis

Comment

Working...
                              X