"Canyons" map?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Canyons" map?

Hey I've been wondering about this for a while and so I finally decided to post a thread on it but it's just a small question. I was browsing around on aixtended.com one day and looked at the maps and one really stuck out at me. It was the canyons map and after checking several times I could not find it in the list for starting an SP game or a Coop/lan. So I browsed to the map folder under AIX in the bf2 mods folder and I did not see it there either but I'm also pretty sure it's not in an extra map pack either because I already have downloaded and installed all three available. So does anybody know about this or is it going to be out in another map pack or the 1.1 patch because their is a picture and description about the map on the site and so I know it's for real.

Take a look. The map was created by Das Roach so maybe he can answer my question... thanks guys.

I must say, it looks pretty sweet. Perhaps this will be part of the forthcoming update?

Comment

Canyons (and pretty much all scale x4 maps) has proven to be a real pain in the bum to get the navmesh right - after a massive effort by Winterhilf to do the initial mesh, there is still some bad issues associated with the map (random CTD's, and the currently un-fixable aircraft shadow bug)

we have a workaround for the shadow bug but the navmesh still needs sorting out. rest assured that as soon as a solution is found, it will be made available - we all want to play it just as much as you

Comment

Originally posted by clivewil
        we all want to play it just as much as you
        Yeah, I'll bet. You guys work hard. But anyways... I was just wondering - I'll be waiting for that 1.1 patch, I like those new shiny toys you got lined up for us!

Comment

Working...
        X