Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explosives ordinance badge

Hello all.

I have a question regarding winning the explosives badge. I'm a little confused about how this is done. I was under the impression that in order to win the expert and veteran badge, you must use all 3 explosives:
    -claymore
    -C4 satchel
    -mine.

I've found that by doing this, it's quite challenging to say the least. Having said that, in the past couple of days, it was stated that you only need to use one of these three to win the badge! I'm not sure which it is now. Can somebody please offer a solution on what the correct answer is please and which map do you consider to be ideal for playing?

Thank you.

No, just one type of explosive will do.

I just ran around spamming claymores to get my 30 odd kills.

Comment

I remember that. :laugh: .
      Ideal for claymores is definitely Karkand.

Comment

Claymores are one of the worst features of this game. Yeah, its a good idea to give the sniper a proximity mine to protect his back when he's sniping, but its something completely different when you play an infantry only map and there are claymores everywhere you look. I see snipers spawn, charge forward and spam their claymores.

IMO, claymores should have a "setup" time, sort of like the time it takes you to wrench up an AT mine as an engineer. It would keep people from spamming them in every alleyway and stairway, but are still can be used efficiently by real snipers.

Comment

Originally posted by phantomsquirrel
          Claymores are one of the worst features of this game. Yeah, its a good idea to give the sniper a proximity mine to protect his back when he's sniping, but its something completely different when you play an infantry only map and there are claymores everywhere you look. I see snipers spawn, charge forward and spam their claymores.

IMO, claymores should have a "setup" time, sort of like the time it takes you to wrench up an AT mine as an engineer. It would keep people from spamming them in every alleyway and stairway, but are still can be used efficiently by real snipers.
          ...... the thread is about someone wanting to earn a badge, not whinefest 2008 about claymores just because someone doesn't know how to counter them..

Comment

Thanks for the input all. That makes it easier knowing I don't have to deal with all 3 explosives now.

Remember. Do unto others. Then run.

Comment

jihading will work wonders on vehicle servers incase you don't play I/O or use the claymore method. but the claymores is the fastest way any 32 or 64 player sever.

Comment

Go to rubberducky #2 karkand IO 64 players on karkand 16

Comment

Forget about claymores, use C4 on a Karkand FF = OFF server

Comment

Originally posted by red_murder1
                    Go to rubberducky #2 karkand IO 64 players on karkand 16
                    and get banned by one of their whineyass ROE breaking admins.

Originally posted by waaah_wah View Post
                    Forget about claymores, use C4 on a Karkand FF = OFF server
                    those guys are amusing ive seen them take out entire squads just by running in usmc spawn at hills.

Comment

Originally posted by LightBred
                      those guys are amusing ive seen them take out entire squads just by running in usmc spawn at hills.
                      Yep Using C4 on a FF OFF server is fun as hell

Comment

Originally posted by waaah_wah
                        Yep Using C4 on a FF OFF server is fun as hell
                        I never could get it to work out for me so I just stuck to placing it on flag points in HUGE servers, I've been banned so many times for that and taken out as many as 20 people in one blast on 64 man servers.

Comment

Claymores are awesome for killing the guys inside buggies. I put them on the roads facing a 45 Degree angle and most times it just kills them and leaves the buggy intact. Then I hop in it and drive off.

Comment

that is so annoying when it happens but fun doing it

Comment

I got my expert explosives badge about a week ago...
                              Spamming Claymores in karkand!

Comment

Working...
                              X