Winter Crash crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Crash crashing

I had this problem before where Winter Crash crashes everytime I try to load into it. Last time I fixed this I simply imported the Winter Crash files from my Windows XP installation on the same notebook, I no long dual boot so I'm looking for a simpler solution besides reinstalling the game (since this takes forever). I can't install 1.4 over 1.4 and I can't seem to extract 1.4 files using Winrar, 7zip or build in zip file. Anyone could either up the Winter crash files or offer a solution?

Error Message: "mp_crash_snow.ff" is corrupt or unreadable

I'm looking for files from local disk:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\zone\english\

mp_crash_snow.ff
    mp_crash_snow_load.ff

Doesn't matter if they come from a Windows XP or Vista install. No idea and it only seems to be my notebook that COD4 Winter Crash in Windows Vista that it keeps corrupting on. And this is the another Vista install from the prior time which was under Vista Business and this time it under Vista Ultimate.

Another constant Vista issue I have is "looks like your systems changed" or "COD4 may shutdown improperly last time it was used" (or similar in a fashion) messages every damn time I start the game in Vista, starting to bug the hell outta me. I hit no everything works fine, I hit yes it rests everything, still WInter Crash does not work and I have to set up my graphics again.

hey ranger whats up

maybe if you put the 2 files to read only that might prevent them from being changed and getting corrupted

just an idea to try

Comment

Sup Snaggs, what ja doing in these parts of the woods? I found a version of the main corrupted file from some European version, works. I'll try the read only thing though.

You on TS?

Comment

Working...
      X