Shotgun kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere « View Post
    That's what I meant about the game not being shotgun friendly Partly at least...

If you get inside a building at Bloc with a shotty you're untouchable :laugh: Other than that there are too few close quarters in most of the maps, even though the maps are pretty small themselves.

And I can't get over the fact that the shotgun pellets seem to disappear when firing at someone > 8 meters away. But that's just me not being used to any other shotgun than the Clark hehe
    15-20 is max shot hit i think just takes more bullets

Comment

The minimum damage range of the M1014 is "600" while the W1200 is "600". I don't know the conversions, but for comparisons sake the minimum damage range of the USP is 1000.

But the shotguns share the same maximum damage range of "300", the USP has "450".

Comment

Hey Chris,

Don't get me wrong, in closed in building interiors, the shotty's are aces. I just can't justify dedicating a whole kit to a shotgun for such limited use. If I had 7-10 create-a-class slots, then yeah, no brainer, I'd have a shotty class for just such a niche. It's just that though, a niche.

Comment

Originally posted by cantina_fly View Post
          Hey Chris,

Don't get me wrong, in closed in building interiors, the shotty's are aces. I just can't justify dedicating a whole kit to a shotgun for such limited use. If I had 7-10 create-a-class slots, then yeah, no brainer, I'd have a shotty class for just such a niche. It's just that though, a niche.
          Shotguns, like sniper kits, require a different mindset of a person. Youre actively "reprogramming" yourself to milk the advantages and avoid the disadvantages. You can cover entire areas in the game with the shotgun, and kick serious booty.

Bloc- 2 appartment buildings
          Oil Pipe- Underground tunnels
          Bog- S&D A site defense (or whichever the one in the building is)
          Crash- any building defense (the 3 story building and its occupation dictates who wins the match for example)
          Et cetera

The fact, that the shotguns are 1 shot kill weapons, are easy to aim and use, make them the best close quarters weapons. Its up to you to utilize it. Common mistake? Dont use it as an automatic weapon.

Anyway, just like I said, I tear huge KDRs, usually, in Bloc, thanks to the Benelli.

As for my kit layout, if you need 7-10 kits, somethings up :P Ive got 2 "general purpose all around" kits and 2 "specialized close quarters SMG" kits, and a shotty kit.

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
          The minimum damage range of the M1014 is "600" while the W1200 is "600". I don't know the conversions, but for comparisons sake the minimum damage range of the USP is 1000.

But the shotguns share the same maximum damage range of "300", the USP has "450".
          I believe the number is in "inches", at least thats what the guys in CAL forums came up with, and its feasible. Could also mean engine distance units, as in SWAT4, grenade effect diametres were in "Unreal units" or something akin to that.

Comment

Thats 50 feet with shotgun.. but less than 50 feet for USP? I don't think the numbers add up there.

Comment

I usually just use the shotty when I'm fooling around... I always like the W1200 better for some reason though.

Comment

Originally posted by FIC | Spitfire View Post
                I usually just use the shotty when I'm fooling around... I always like the W1200 better for some reason though.
                In my opinion the W1200 is better as well, more damage and you don't have to reload the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by -UtC- Iquere «
                  In my opinion the W1200 is better as well, more damage and you don't have to reload the whole time.
                  True dat... I also feel with the auto I go crazy, and miss after the first shot. :P

Comment

Originally posted by pwnageisntgood View Post
                    but u get " z0mfg l4me martydumb nab" I got standards m8 not used marty since Major :salute:
                    thats when you rain in your airstrike on them lol :laugh:

seriously though, i never got into the whole that kit is n00b or this kit is n00b, what ever is fun and best suits the situation i will use.

for example, on district/vacant you can say hello to my 4 X GL combo and on block my silenced p90 with uav will be up for some sniper hunting. on overgrown my silenced m16 will also pay you a visit with extreme conditioning to make for cover. its what suits the situation best, and martyrdom suite the shotgun best.

Comment

Right now, my five kits are:

AK General Purpose
                      Dedicated Sniper (mostly for HC)
                      OverKill Sniper (for S&D)
                      Stealth SMG Kit
                      Run-&-Gun SMG Kit

So maybe I'll swap one of those kits out and try to find the love.

Comment

Working...
                      X