help with custom maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with custom maps

Hey, I am having trouble getting any custom map to load. I believe I have placed the maps in the right folder like call of duty - modern warfare\usermaps\mp_subway. In the game, I open the console and type: /map mp_subway to load that map but it says map not found. Do I need some kind of custom server setup to load the custom maps? And if so, what do I need to change so the game will see the new custom maps. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Put the map into the zone/english folder

Comment

tried that

I tried that but the game just crashed when it went to load the new map. It would seem like that folder is where the maps should go since it's where the maps are. Could it be that I also had the usermaps folder still in the cod modern warfare folder. Thanks for the idea.

Comment

You have it correct, it is

cod4/usermaps/mp_subway files go in there.

Then open the game, open "modwarfare", start a server then open the console and type /map mp_subway

Comment

Before you try anything else, remove the mp_subway_load.ff file from the zone/english folder,it should work without it.

and then try to load the map

If you are going to use the "mod" modwarfare, then mp_subway.iwd needs to go in the modwarfare folder along with z_modwarfare.iwd etc.

The two other files go in:

cod4/usermaps/mp_subway/mp_subway.ff + mp_subway_load.ff

Comment

Where do the .iwd files come from?

They're not included in the downloads for the map.

Comment

Some maps have them now and some don't. They are required for the load screens, but not necessary to run the map.

Comment

Working...
              X