Knifing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knifing

Please, for the sake of your team, keep the knifing at a reasonable level. Trying to knife an enemy while the target is killing 4 of your teammates is just... stupid. Fail.

I see this happening way too often the last few days. Some people would rather follow the enemy into their base and die instead of killing them with the gun.

Spread the word >_>

I use the knife as a panic maneuver. When out of ammo, running into people in doorways, that kind of thing. Much more than I've used it in any other game.

Comment

I only use it when I'm sure I can, if the dude is crouched looking out a window or something, I walk up behind him and drop him with the knife. It's so much easier to knife in this game than any other, just bind it to mouse down and you have instant kill, sometimes from ten feet away.

Comment

I gave up my victim the other day to save a comrade. I stalked this guy across the map and he was going straight toward my teammate. I didnt have time to knife, so I shot him a few times with my pistol, he turned and shot me with the shotty, killing me. My teammate shot him up after hearing the rounds go off. :dead:

Im a sucker for teamwork, too bad it doesnt always work both ways. :cry:

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Well, i never knife people because i need more headshots!

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
            I see this happening way too often the last few days. Some people would rather follow the enemy into their base and die instead of killing them with the gun.
            Very true. It's easy to get addicted/tunnel-vision when trying to knife someone, especially in the back, and running all over the map after them.

I think it's because knifing is just so damn fun. But I agree, it's better for the team when used sparingly as self-defense, or a quiet kill when carefully stalking someone.

Comment

If anything, knifing allows people not to waste any bullets in the clip, meaning if 2 guys pop out next you can take both down with a full clip, rather then killing the guy with the gun and then not having enough bullets for 2 people left.

But yea it's stupid not to shoot someone who's about to shoot your teammates.

Comment

Machine gunners cant knife the broad side of a barn. Im too slow and sometimes i manage to knife short of my target. I usually resort to pumping em full of 7.62mm

Comment

Originally posted by m_d View Post
                  Please, for the sake of your team, keep the knifing at a reasonable level. Trying to knife an enemy while the target is killing 4 of your teammates is just... stupid. Fail.

Spread the word >_>
                  Its just the temptation to see the enemy being sliced and diced, I agree theres some times where you shouldnt try but it makes the game all the more fun .

Comment

I gave up my streak a few days ago to kill these two enemies in a house. I knew full well one of them had Martyrdom, but I thought it would be hella funny to have two successive knife kills on the scoreboard.

It was worth it.

Comment

Only knifing when at the right opportunity. That's when I'm reloading, low on ammo, trying to be stealthy, or just see it better than using a gun.

Comment

Knifing is a quiet and effective way to play.
                        Personally, I prefer my M1014, but I'll bust out the blade every now and then.

Comment

i'm sorry, i am addicted to knifing. its just so dang fun! ive taken out a whole squad on overgrown before... they didn't even know...

Comment

I usually use it after throwing stun or flash nades through a door or sneaking up behind someone while they are fighing my teammates.

It's just so satisfying, and it brings back memories of knifing in BF2142.

Comment

If I play any match in normal mode, I can't seem to kill anything, so I use my trusty SMG and extreme conditioning, and go a knifing. Much faster than shooting people in normal mode. I've actually gotten pretty good. I don't tend to just WANT to knife someone, but I like getting close to my opponent while shooting so if they don't drop, (or drop me) I throw a knife. I get about 4-5 knife kills per match on average..which isn't half bad..

Comment

Working...
                              X