Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will we see 2142 Universe in later BF games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will we see 2142 Universe in later BF games?

As a big fan of 2142 I realy hope that in few years BF series will return back to 22 century with new graphics engine, new weapons and vehicles. Imagine 2142 with Bad COmpany's graphics and destructibility.:yay:
    so what do you think - will DICE return the series to Ice Age or 2142 will never return to us
    DICE if you here us...please don't forget this wonderfull universe of 2142. Yiu've made an awesome futuristic game settings

I agree with you. I think they've really done well with 2142. It's fututistic, but not spacey. Well balanced. Great maps. I really like everything about 2142.

I hope they continue with the 2142 eara, just expand on it.

Comment

Although I don't really play the game any more, its still on the shelf and still installed. As ^both^ said they done a good job in making the 2142 design so that it wasn't too far fetched, it made sense and I liked it .

Comment

We could use in later remake of 2142 maps like Paris, London, Moscow, all covered with snow, with a lot of hi-tech skyscrapers, space ports (futuristic airports), huge Titan abttles with tens of Titans fighting each other and them falling down on the cities. Also we could use new vehicles such as fighters... 2142 gunships are acutally futuristic helicopters (russian soldiers in the game call them helis)Also bombers would be nice. With anti-gravity engines like Nekomata, light walkers to support heavy classes like T-39 and L-5, ANTI-AIR VEHICLES that 2142 doesn't have
        Well..this van go on and on..all I hope is that wonderfull universe of 2142 will return to us. And yes..EA has made brilliand futursctic but not space game. I never thought it would be fun to play game set in 22 century on Earth:salute:

Oh and we sould have 22nd century state of the ark skyscrapers and saved classical buildings from XVI to XIX century. 2142 Skyscrapers could have looked a bit more futuriscit cuz Ilive in exact copy of Belgrad house. The one with black balconies

Comment

Thats a good point.

I wonder why a London map wasn't included, the channel is frozen over which means the Russians can get to the English coast. Although I think in an ice age Britain would be pretty much uninhabitable apart from the strong which is ok because all British people are naturally resilient :P You want bombers though? Thats getting dangerously close to jet raping in BF2 and besides a bomber would need a SIGNIFICANT amount of fuel to run, fuel which in the 2142 universe is rather scarce.

The marketing for 2142 gave away the wrong impressions in my opinion, alot of people dislike modern shooters because of the lazer beams and pew pew pew pewing. The trailers gave the impression that 2142 was going to be like this, in actual fact, it isn't. Its very grounded.

Comment

what about making bombers and fighter only available to some classes only and immortal to friednly TK fire?

Comment

I was playing Battlefield 2 Modern Combat on my 360 today and a thought came into my head;
              Why don't Dice and EA make a similar game with the 2142 atmosphere? I would kill for it! (and I'd kill in it :P) Just imagine how amazing it would be - 2142 with a full singeplayer campaign, destructible environments with the Frostbite engine and the multiplayer that we know and love. However I'd really prefer it on PC's rather than consoles. For one I don't think they could handle a full 48 player Titan match.

Comment

tbh, i'd rather have a pre-modern combat game than 2142 setting. i don't like the 2142 setting that much, but there's always a chance we'll see a sequel or prequel to 2142.

Comment

And as always, I'm the only bf player who wants a real futuristic bf game with lasers and so on. =(

Comment

Originally posted by Firippur View Post
                    And as always, I'm the only bf player who wants a real futuristic bf game with lasers and so on. =(

I would hate that... :shakehead

Comment

That is what I mean. Why do you all hate that setting? You always want the same, one modern combat after the other...until modern combat is with lasers, but I don't think I'll be able to play it then anymore...

Comment

I think the futuristic approach has helped the developer to balance the game better. E.g. the support MGs - in BF2 it was still best to shoot 3 shot bursts with the heavy MGs and that's kind of stupid. Motion mines beef up the engy class quite nicely and so on and so on...

Hard to say if we'll see a whole BF game with a futuristic theme ever again, but i'm sure they'll add some easter eggs into BF3 pointing out that things are headed for 2142 and the next ice age.

Comment

I was happy they didn't make it cliche... with lasers.. and space warfare.

Its a great yet simple setting, that we can relate to in some way. (Apart from Titans.. but you get the point).

Comment

Originally posted by shaz4215
                            I would hate that... :shakehead
                            :|:EU could use some futuristic guns. They still use bullets, miniguns and rocket while PAC have photon cannon and blasters and plasma missiles:evil:

Comment

I love the setting and equipment, vehicles and everything about 2142. It'd be sad to have to say goodbye to it forever.

Comment

Working...
                              X