Bf2 quit problem (Anti-virus?) =/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bf2 quit problem (Anti-virus?) =/

i was wondering does anyone else have this problem, i have never had it before and i think i know the cause.

basically everytime i click "join server" on a multi-player game (not tried single yet) bf2 will quit to desktop with no message or anything.

The only thing i can think of is that i've installed Avast! - it used to work perfectly fine before (not mentioning the typical EA & PB stuff, which i wont go into right now..hehe)

so im pretty sure this is an AVAST! related problem.

Anyone else have this? and is there a solution, or is the only solution to remove avast completley?

Thanks

I have Avast and it doesn't cause my any problems, so i doubt it's that. Probably your firewall or a dodgy driver somewhere.

Comment

avast here too. no problems though. i just stop everything before i play on avast. this happened to me too on 2142, it was an installation problem. metal knight, if you installed the game and you had the problem since then, try a reinstall. if you havent had this problem after the installation and out of no where it crashes but it worked before then idk. but reinstall, should fix it. post back here so i can know or not.

Comment

hey thanks for replies guys.

I dont really want to reinstall, as it takes ages. but i will have to i guess later...why i think its because of avast is because it ran fine and never quit.

I stopped playing for a few weeks and installed avast in the meantime, now everytime i try to play it quits. ill have to check and report back - im kinda busy atm, so may take a while, but thank you for your help.

Comment

I use Avast and when playing on-line use 'Stop On-access protection'. Before starting BF2

Comment

Wasn't there a similar problem caused by one of the game voice programs ?

Comment

ok i just tried deleting the Bf2 folder in my documents...didnt work, i tried also stopping "On-Access Scanner" for Avast, also didnt work.

Now i shall try to re-install the game.

I will let you know the results as soon as i can, so for now thanks and will be back soon.

EDIT: i just thought i am NOT going to uninstall actually, because it is doing this for my SF too, not just bf...so the problem is not with the installation, as they BOTH used to work, but now Multiplayer doesnt work - single does.

i am totally lost as to why however.

Comment

Ok i just reinstalled - i couldnt take not being able to play anymore...and well it works now =D

hehe thanks for everyones help and suggestions...typical though lol as soon as i joined i got kicked cuz i killed too many ppl =/ hehe

anyway thanks again all

Comment

Reinstall is the answer to many of BF2's problems :yay:

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
                    Reinstall is the answer to many of BF2's problems :yay:

yeah you're right dude, only problem is that i hate re-installing as i have "complete collection" so it takes a while to install game, then patch then SF then booster packs then patch again... heh, gets tiresome.

anyhoo thanks for all ur help alex, and everyone - hows uni going btw man, if u remember talking to me about it (i know its off topic this end bit so u can answer in PM if u want)

Comment

lol, sorry i don't remember you exactly, i have a lot of people add me on Xfire.

As for Uni, it's going good, although i just got a paper back and only got a crap 40%. When doing it, i dared to research my own examples rather than just copy the ones out of the lecture powerpoints, which apparently is a bad thing to do...

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
                        lol, sorry i don't remember you exactly, i have a lot of people add me on Xfire.

As for Uni, it's going good, although i just got a paper back and only got a crap 40%. When doing it, i dared to research my own examples rather than just copy the ones out of the lecture powerpoints, which apparently is a bad thing to do...
                        heh i was called "anny" on here i think, i cant remember either...anyhoo dont worry too much about that...its only first year and thats where ur supposed to learn from your mistakes! =D 40 is still pass anyway! lol if u get that in the second year (i did on a small test) then you're in trouble =P not really...just means u have to work properly/harder.

what are u studying again? im doing computer science, i think you said ur doing something similar

oh and i dont think i have u on xfire btw lol it must be someone else.

Comment

Yes, Anny, i remember you, although i removed you from my Xfire list as you were never on. Feel free to add me again if you so wish.

Comment

lol i have re-added you. I do come on from time to time, depending on how busy i am, if i am playing online i am usually on there =)

Comment

Working...
                            X