How ca I find the IP of server?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How ca I find the IP of server?

Im trying to run a server and when I start it the console comes up but for the life of me I cant find the IP for the server. Can anyone help please.

If you're trying to join it locally then you need the IP address of the computer on your network.

Typically t will be something like 192.168.x.x unless you've configured your DHCP server to hand out IP addresses in some other range.

For everyone else, the IP be whatever your personal IP address is. Unless you're paying for a static IP address then your IP will change periodically so you might want to look into a dynamic DNS service (these are typically free and will give you a URL that people can use to join your server instead of an IP address.

There's a ton of websites out there that will give you your own IP, but here's one of them: http://whatismyipaddress.com/

That IP address is what other people will need to connect to your server. You'll also need to forward the necessary ports through your router if you have one.

If you're renting a server, the server provider should be able to tell you the IP address.

Comment

ok thanks for the info but what about the number that follows the colon :

Comment

unless you changed it, the port defaults to 28960.

Crunch
        Twitter: @CptainCrunch
        Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
        X