Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Maps with .iwd files crash servers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Maps with .iwd files crash servers!

This is something I had originally found out when I was running Warehouse on my Custom Maps server along with 2 sniper maps and Village. Warehouse, the only one with a .iwd file (Which seems to be for custom textures), each time it'd switch to that map, it would crash everyone to their desktop, lock up for a few minutes and say "Error". I thought, Okay, it was the map.

So I contacted the guy, he said put the .iwd file in the mod folder of the mod I am running which would be in the mod/pam4 folder.

So I installed 5 more maps on my custom map server today, 2 of which had .iwd files. I tried putting them in my mod/pam4 folder but everyone who tried to get in, would for whatever reason get locked up trying to download the files?! So I removed them from the mod folder, but kept them in the usermaps/mapname folder.

What happens? Same thing as Warehouse, when it switches to either of those maps, it crashes everybody!

So, anybody know what to do to fix this problem and be able to run these maps?!

Ive been messing with the custom maps for the last few days.. read the readme in the map zip file, if the author says put the *.iwd in the mod folder then do so, if he dosesnt then leave it all in the usermaps/mapname folder.

Comment

I'm having issues with this as well. This is starting to become a pain to say the least. Wonder what happens if the only thing used is the .ff file. Would the map still run???

Comment

Working...
      X