My experience with PR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My experience with PR

I just opened PR up and joined a local game. The first thing that happens is that I spawn on the wrong spawnpoints, because the one I wanted to spawn at (kazran desert @ plane-spawn) is waaay off the map. I press suicide and have to wait for a WHOLE MINUTE. I spawn on the right spawn, can't see or find anything because the minimap sucks and pretty much everything looks the same.

I go to where the jets are supposed to spawn (with a horribly tiny sprint-speed) and wait. And wait... AND WAIT... After a while I just can't be bothered to wait anymore, so I start jumping around and come close to a barbed wire. When I touch it I get hit (no HP-meter, no no no) and my characters screams German phrases (or something that sounds like it). After the second or third hit I start getting hits all the time and I hear the common heartbeat. I can barely move and not at all sprint. So I throw out a field something (the white thing) and watch it land on the ground and then go through it. So I walk to the spot where it went through and POOF! I can no longer hear the heartbeat (still no way of telling wether I am hurt or not).

So after a few minutes (still no jets have been spawned) I go towards the blackhawks, which I only after a long time manage to find. I jump inside one of them and try to take off. The first thing that happens is the fact that nothing happens. I can't take off. I ask my mates on ventrilo WTF that is supposed to mean, and they say "you have to warm up the engines" :/ . So I sit there and wait, but after a while I get slain because I don't have the pilot kit.

After waiting another minute I spawn and request the pilot kit. Only after a long time does my pilotkit appear, but now I can finally sit in the damn chopper without getting killed. After a few minutes of warming up I can finally take off (still no jets have spawned). I take a look around, the map looks dull and plain, and I try to do rolls in the blackhawk. I manage to actually do a FEW ROLLS IN A BIG FAT BLACKHAWK. WITHOUT losing altitude!

Where's the realism in that? In the end I just crash my chopper (after trying to land, which seems to be really hard, because holding S pretty much means start swaying to the left) and disconnect.

try reading the player guide, the mod has a very steep learning curve and for first time users it can be very frustrating to get use to how the game works.

Also the Jets have a 20min delay spawn on them, so mainly that the A-10s cant rape all the tanks in less than 1min of leaving there base from the start of the game, makes sence?

Comment

Hohoho... This is what happens when ppl try playing PR without reading the manual. Its there for a reason. If you wanna practive flying, here you go: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-...e-minimod.html

Comment

Project Reality is not a jet mod, the learning curve is extremely steep for these aircraft, if your trying to play it like vanilla, can almost guarantee you wont like it.

Please read the guide http://guide.realitymod.com/

Then start as an infantry grunt in a good squad. Jets require complex coordination with ground troops to be succesful in this mod.

Comment

Whats worse is when you join a squad with a bunch of hard asses acting like its real life. thats when it gets a little to far.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings View Post
            Whats worse is when you join a squad with a bunch of hard asses acting like its real life. thats when it gets a little to far.
            I know! It's so funny, i was part of a squad with VOIP and i was kicked from the sqaud for not using "correct military terminology". In short i wasn't responding with 'Roger' hahaha. I liked PR, but after a while all the realism got tad bit boring, id rather join the army itself. Instead im relishing in BF2! :yay:

Comment

dont happen to often to me tbh, most likley the few clans that like to act like they are in the army hehe.

most of the time I'm in a squad where everyones just having fun, even when I play with guys who are in the army they are really only wanting to have fun too

Comment

Never actually happened to me... I've played with a couple of ppl who take this game alittle bit too seriously, but i have never seen anyone take it THAT far

Comment

I recently was banned from texas team players because I told the SL that he was a bad player, and than he told me to go join the military.. I guess an admin was on the server and I was insta-banned after that.

Comment

Texas team players had sucky servers anyways... EU servers FTW Play on the Tactics & Teamwork server

Comment

I usually play on Tactical Gamers server, they seem pretty nice and dont get butt hurt if i don't use military lingo. I dont have to say, ROGER THAT SIR!, i can just say, "sure".

Comment

Originally posted by Nadokings
                        I recently was banned from texas team players because I told the SL that he was a bad player, and than he told me to go join the military.. I guess an admin was on the server and I was insta-banned after that.
                        lol, best to normally leave his squad and join a new one / form your own squad

Comment

Originally posted by Rhino View Post
                          lol, best to normally leave his squad and join a new one / form your own squad
                          yeah , then your kitless

Comment

Originally posted by JustMe0171
                            yeah , then your kitless
                            if you can do so much better than other SLs there everyone else will leave there crap squads to join your good squad, dont take much really, can tell your squad before you leave saying "right this is crap, if any one wants to be in a good squad join mine".

Comment

Yeah it takes a while to get used to the qurks…like being killed just for sitting in the Heli or truck etc…not very real but hay. The most annoying thing are the tanks that cant climb over hills that my five year old godson could do on his bike… I waste so much time trying to get over hills than any fighting…

Someone needs a Visit to warcorp to see that the 60 ton tank with a perkins can climb over small hills…

Hoping BF3 has a physics engine so that things can have weight etc and not bounce around…..I’m sure its not the short comings of the pr team but the Bf engine….

Comment

Working...
                              X