omg no sinpleplayer!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• omg no sinpleplayer!!

i have no idea why it wont let me play SP. Says insert correct dvd-rom, i only got one f'n dvd for Cod4!

asides from that the game runs great, i tried installing it on another computer and the same bs occured - even after a reinstall.

Ne1 kno how to fix this?

and on that note, are you able to use one account from one computer and use it on another or is it like purely you make an account for this computer it saves stats only on computer sorta deal? (kinda wierd but ok)

::sigh::

Originally posted by System View Post
    i have no idea why it wont let me play SP. Says insert correct dvd-rom, i only got one f'n dvd for Cod4!

asides from that the game runs great, i tried installing it on another computer and the same bs occured - even after a reinstall.

Ne1 kno how to fix this?
    Same issue on two different computers makes me think that there is an error on your DVD.
    Cant you exchange it where your bought it?

Originally posted by System View Post
    and on that note, are you able to use one account from one computer and use it on another or is it like purely you make an account for this computer it saves stats only on computer sorta deal? (kinda wierd but ok)

::sigh::
    Stats are stored locally. You can move the files, but I believe that they are tied to your CD-key.

Comment

1 DVD? Are you sure, I had two DVD's in my case :S

Comment

I only had one DVD.

You sure you didn't get a CD version Vika?

I'm not sure whether they sell that though...

Comment

Weird, its definitely 2 DVD's that I got.

I don't think two CD's can handle the size.

Weird.

Comment

Originally posted by vika09 View Post
            1 DVD? Are you sure, I had two DVD's in my case :S
            If you bought the Special Edition (silver box), there is more than one DVD.

Comment

Hmm i was thinking of returning it when i got it but i only played multiplayer for a little bit and then i just forgot about cod4. its been bout a month maybe two, gotta find that receipt.

Woah FTL,

no more receipt. i found that shatty game world in conflict receipt - what a waste of money that was too... talk talk talk blah blah blah blah i was a boy once blah blah blah sum said the retreat was organized blah blah blah... lol 8(

Comment

Try some Google searches for your DVD Rom problem...this is a fairly common issue in different games. Sometimes your DVD player doesn't recognize the disc for some reason. Could be another program interfering with it. It is likely NOT a problem with the COD4 disc itself though.

Along with Google, try searching over at the forums at infinityward.com.

Also, check your private messages.

Comment

Dont bother Google searching, there are a million people with the problem and a million fixes to try.

I built a new system a few weeks ago and had the same problem. My new system is entirely SATA, no IDE. The security on the CD (Along with all my other security CDS like BF2, 2142, Crysis) was not being read correctly. I could read the disk fine and install the game, but could not play the game.

If you have a new computer or it is all SATA and the problem is similiar to mine, this is the fix;

In HARDWARE MANAGER, under SCSI and RAID Controllers, I had the Intel ICH8R/ICH9R SATA RAID CONTROLLER. The driver was dated March of 2007. I went on Intels site and downloaded the latest "Intel Storage Matrix driver" which updated it to September of 2007. Problem fixed.

Most successful on the internet:
                  The number 2 thing that fixes this issue, is updating the firmware on your DVDRom. You have to go to the manufacturers website to get those.

The number 3 fix was replacing the SATA DVDRom with another brand DVDRom.

The number 4 fix was replacing the SATA DVDRom with an IDE DVDRom.

The number 5 fix was changing the SATA modes to different settings such as AHCI, COMPATIBLE, and STANDARD (Varies by BIOS)

The number 6 fix was flashing the BIOS to the latest version.

IW and EA have information on this as well. You can do a search on their support sites for "Insert DVD-ROM" and it will provide a checklist of stuff, though most have said it doesnt work.

I just refused to believe that my up-to-date system couldnt read a DVD. It took me two weeks to figure this out and no one was even touching the problem with a ten foot pole.

Good luck, try these things out. If updating the storage driver doesnt fix it, update your chipset drivers as well.

Thats all I got on this.

Crunch
                  Twitter: @CptainCrunch
                  Battlelog/Origin: CptainCrunch

Comment

Working...
                  X