Auto Changing Kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Changing Kits?

Sometimes when I get revived by a medic my class changes (the worst is when i change to sniper - just can't do that stuff). Is there any way to stop this or is is just part of the game?

pack

I think what's happening is that it's your class pack (that little duffel bag that sits where someone has died) that's actually revived. So when the medic revives you, and there's some other dude's gear pack nearby, you actually pick up his pack. No way to avoid it, although it would be swell if there was some way to swap packs with other people.

A neat trick to use is say you're something other than a medic, and a medic nearby dies, you can go up to his kit, hit 'G' to swap your kit for his, then revive him. He'll be your old class and you'll go on as a medic...

Comment

Much appreicate - now I'll be hunting dead medics!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by joecacti
        A neat trick to use is say you're something other than a medic, and a medic nearby dies, you can go up to his kit, hit 'G' to swap your kit for his, then revive him. He'll be your old class and you'll go on as a medic...
        NEVER EVER DO THAT! Do NOT listen to this fanatic, he obviously does NOT know how extremely IRRITATING it is to be taken from your kit just so another punk can get +2 revive points. If I am stupid enough to die as a medic I want to be revived by a medic and by a medic ONLY.

Comment

The reality is that your old kit is more than likely still laying on the ground right there where you died. Just walk over to it and hit the "G" key to pick it up. Get familiar with the "G" key. Say your in a hot firefight and run out of ammo. Don't bother reloading, just pick up the kit of the guy you just killed and use his.

As to the comment about picking up a Medic's kit to revive him/her, I do it all the time. It's called teamwork. If they're smart players, they'll appreciate it because they know they too can pick up any kit they might need on the battlefield if they don't like the one they ended up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
            NEVER EVER DO THAT! Do NOT listen to this fanatic, he obviously does NOT know how extremely IRRITATING it is to be taken from your kit just so another punk can get +2 revive points. If I am stupid enough to die as a medic I want to be revived by a medic and by a medic ONLY.
            Say, I am capping TV station flag (sharqi) with my teammate medic an no friendlies around, he dies and I do the trick and we cap flag again together.

Changed your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by kiwi View Post
              Say, I am capping TV station flag (sharqi) with my teammate medic an no friendlies around, he dies and I do the trick and we cap flag again together.

Changed your mind?
              Yes of course, if you know this guy and it's basically you and him alone and you're not an SL it's OK to take his kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52
                That's possibly the stupidest thing I ever read. I, and probably most other intelligent people, would rather be revived than die, even if that revival may mean I have to play as another kit for a while ( I know, playing as another kit! As if anyone could ever do that ).

Comment

Originally posted by Tsovehr
                  That's possibly the stupidest thing I ever read. I, and probably most other intelligent people, would rather be revived than die, even if that revival may mean I have to play as another kit for a while ( I know, playing as another kit! As if anyone could ever do that ).
                  You're seeing this very black and white. It of COURSE depends on what situation you're in. If you're a successful medic and kit-change can easily put you out of balance and ruin for the team. If you really need a revive (aka you're not inside a friendly base) and you're the SL of course it's ok to exchange kits. But most often it pisses me off to see a guy walking up to my dead body, taking my kit and then reviving me.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggie52 View Post
                    You're seeing this very black and white. It of COURSE depends on what situation you're in. If you're a successful medic and kit-change can easily put you out of balance and ruin for the team. If you really need a revive (aka you're not inside a friendly base) and you're the SL of course it's ok to exchange kits. But most often it pisses me off to see a guy walking up to my dead body, taking my kit and then reviving me.
                    Wow Doggie!!! Please speak for yourself when giving out idiotic advice.

Comment

The kit that appears, which aint sum1 else kit, is usually the one you have selected to be for when you next spawn. That is why often when you die and revive you get a fresh kit with grenades and that.

If you change your kit selection to sniper, sometimes a sniper kit will spawn instead.

I have sometimes used this with a friend if we are dangerously low on ammo by tking lol.

Also the comment about being revived... it all depends how much you care about 1 death. If 1 death means little to nothing then many people would prefer to keep their kit. Im even more picky and hate having unlock medic guns lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DontKnockIt225 View Post
                        The kit that appears, which aint sum1 else kit, is usually the one you have selected to be for when you next spawn. That is why often when you die and revive you get a fresh kit with grenades and that.

If you change your kit selection to sniper, sometimes a sniper kit will spawn instead.

I have sometimes used this with a friend if we are dangerously low on ammo by tking lol.
                        Um, sorry I don't think it works like that at all.

You're sniper, you die. Someone takes your sniper kit, leaving their support kit behind. You're then revived, and you're support. Nothing really random about it, it's sheer co-incidence that sometimes you got the kit you needed.

Comment

Well, I found that when you die and your body lies in middel of other dead guys and then you get revived you always get the kit that lies nearest to your body.
                          And sometimes these are other kits. You can just change it back.

Switching to dead medics kit and revive him:
                          OF COURSE !! If there is no other medic around to do the job, get de medics kit and revive him. Your team will loose a ticket if he dies. So the revived medic gets pssd? He should just pick up another medic kit. It's not that hard.

More disgusting is: I die as medic, some friendly guy takes my kit, heals himself and walks away! And yes, this happens!

Comment

Lol all we have 2 do now is track Doggie52 all the time and just w8 for him 2 die ...and u know the rest

Comment

I f I understand this correctly, you take a medics kit, revive him and in doing so you acutally swap kits i.e. the revived medic has changed class?

Comment

Working...
                              X