Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Titan and Ground textures...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Titan and Ground textures...

Well, I've been having a very weird problem lately. When I go inside the titan after it's shields are down, my game lags up and I have to commit suicide to respawn. When I do respawn, all the ground texures have disappeared. :shakehead

I can still see most objects like rocks, walls, etc.. But anywhere where there is ground all I can see is water.

On top of all this it then takes about 5-7 minutes to close out the game :hmm:

I'm using a Dell XPS with 1g of ram and a NVDIA GeForce 6800

what setting are you running at? titan take a lot out of a computer. Your video card could be getting hot. could be a driver issue, try the latest. If you got the latest try some older ones. Use driver cleaner pro when changing drivers.

do you have anything running in the background that can be shut down.

Comment

Low =( and I'm pretty sure I should be running it at least on medium...

Also A bit of an update, it now appears to be happening now anytime I join a match, titan or not... So my games now unplayable.

And yeah all my drivers are up to date. I've cleared my cache and change that radial thing, still happening.

Oh, one last thing, it happens on BF2 when I'm flying. Don't know how related that is.

Update: Well, Graphics settings have nothing to do with it, it still happens on high settings. Luckily, It happened at the end of the match(I joined late) and I was able to load up a new map, no difference. I even loaded up a new server with no success.

Comment

i had a simalry problem with Oblivion for some reason all of a sudden any ground texture was flat and also green and purpale.

doing a fresh reinstall fixed this problem ( i know bf2142 is a pain for that)
        might just be a file got corrupted. even if this dosnt work and new drivers fior your card dosnt. get the program speed fan chechk the temp it is running at.

if everything hasnt workjed and the card isnt overheating i would say your card has gone. honestly i think a fresh install will work if it used to play fine.

Comment

Ok... *shudders* I was dreading this would be the only answer... I'll reinstall it. *cue dramatic music*

Comment

After serious error(s) like this, a reinstall is the best path to take

PS: Things are more likely not to bug out on Low rather than High.

Comment

Oh great.

After reinstalling, I thought I had fixed it. But 3 days later and its back, and as bad as ever.

The good news? I now have Pictures!

Comment

Working...
              X