Vista64 and altered content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista64 and altered content

Me and several buddies are running new systems with Vista64 Ultimate and BF2 with the latest patches and drivers. My system is listed in my siggy and my buddies are of similar build. We continually get kicked from the sever at the start of a map change in multi-player with the error " altered content". The map fully loads, you see the button to join game, and when you hit it, kicked for altered content. You have to re-enter the server to play.
    We have manually updated PB, and still same problem. We are running BF2 in XP Compatibility mode as well with admin rights. What a frigging pain in the arse. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm waiting for my 64bit Vista disc to arrive, so I'll be interested to hear how you get on. Good luck !

Comment

"Altered content" or "Modified content"?

Been running BF2 on Vista 64 for close to a year and haven't been kicked for altered or modified content. Also have never had to use compatibility mode or "run as administrator", then again I disabled UAC as soon as Vista was finished installing. And courtesy of PB and their wonderful services (PnkBstra and PnkBstrB), you shouldn't have to use "run as administrator".

Comment

Thanks Stormy. I have seen the UAC disable listed elsewhere, but not for VIsta64. I will give her a try.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
          "Altered content" or "Modified content"?
          So which is it?

Comment

modified content

Comment

Vista64 and BF2 work fine together. Something else is happening. Do a complete uninstall and try to reinstall and repatch. That should fix it.

Comment

Do you think I should try the 'UAC" fix first?

Comment

I don't think it will help, but why not. Try it. Its worth a shot.

Comment

And now that the altered/modified part has been answered,

Homepage for Total Gaming Network and CS-Nation. Get the latest video game news, previews, and reviews on a daily basis.

that kick has been around a lot longer than Vista.

Comment

I saw these posts and they didn't seem to fit. I appreciate your help Stormy. I installed BF2 without any mods and straight patched 1.41. I am un-installing and cleaning registry now. Wil re-install and patch and let you know what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormy{CAN} View Post
                        And now that the altered/modified part has been answered,

that kick has been around a lot longer than Vista.
                        Dead link ?

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

Comment

Dead for me too. May be a time limit or whatever on searches. Anyway when here in the BF2 support forum click on the "Search this Forum" link and type in 'modified content, and you will 7 pages of results.

Comment

The re-install and patch did not work. Gonna try the UAC uncheck now.

Comment

Working...
                            X