Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question...

I have been playing BF2 now for a few months on a friend's disc. He'd had the game for months and hadn't tried it so I borrowed to give it a whirl...now I love it! Now that he has seen how much I like it and how good it is he (obviously) wants the game back. I've now just purchased the full collection (BF2 with all the boosters/expansions).

My questions is, can I simply uninstll BF2, give my mate his old disc back and and then install all my new stuff? Or is his disc now tied to my account?

Hope that makes some sort of sense :P

Thanks

If you simply uninstall it, and then give it to him, it should be fine. The only problem may be if the account is registered to you, but there's rarely a time when you need to look at your EA account.

Just as long as there aren't two of you trying to play at the same time, it should be all good.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Alex View Post
      Just as long as there aren't two of you trying to play at the same time, it should be all good.
      Sorry, just want to make sure I definitely have this right What do you mean by both playing at the same time? We are of course going to want to play at the same time however it will be with him using his disk (after I have uninstalled) and me using the new pack I just bought. That will be fine?

Sorry to be a pain, just want to make sure I have this right

Comment

If you both want to play at the same time, you must have different CD-Keys.

This means uninstalling his copy, and installing your own with your own unique cd-key.

Comment

Aye, I guessed as much, Just wanted to be sure that it was that simple

Thanks again, you can close this now.

Comment

I'd spend £9.99 and buy him the game, you can keep his original and all your current settings etc.
            GAME.co.uk is the UK's leading games retailer with great deals on video games, consoles, accessories and the latest pre-order games.

Comment

Already bought the game and all the boosters/expansions (all in one box jobby). Would it be worth just giving him the new BF2 disc from that thing and keeping his one?

Ha ha, bought it from play for £26.99, checked all the usual sites but found that one the cheapest. Completely forgot about Game and it's £19.99 there....oh well :P

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!

GAME.co.uk is the UK's leading games retailer with great deals on video games, consoles, accessories and the latest pre-order games.

Comment

OK, sorry to bump :P It's arrived all on one disc, although I have 3 sepreate CD keys; BF2, SF and booster packs. I have uninstalled my mates. Now...Should I use the new CD-key I have for BF2 vanilla or use the one I had for my friend and give him the new one?

Sorry to keep asking, I just want to make sure that my mate will definitely be able to play his.

Comment

You can use either, they arn'nt disk specific, so its up to you.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks again all...and if it doesn't work....i'll hunt you down :P lol

Comment

Working...
                    X