AF and EF content question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AF and EF content question

I was wondering if it is possible to use vehicles such as the Muscle car, Truck, A10, ... in my custom map. Is it even legal? I read sticky thread on SF. Isn't SF different from AF and EF as SF is actually a mod. AF and EF are considered expansion packs and the levels get installed into the BF2 levels folder.

I was able to use the Engineer shotgun from EF. I tried my map out with people who do not own EF and the shotty works. I did not do anything out of the ordinary to use the EF shotty. Not sure if thats legal.

If it is legal to add the Muscle car from AF then that would be awesome.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything I wrote.

Much appreciated,

--George/kc2keo

well, guess this forums ****ing dead...

I'll do as I wish and **** the legality.

Comment

The shotgun is actually not "from" EF; it's included in vanilla BF2 patches since 1.3 along with the other EU handheld weapons and soldiers. It's just only used in EF maps. The EF vehicles are embedded in the maps though (although it is possible to extract them; I've done it). Legally, I think you can pretty much do anything you want as long as you don't try to distribute booster content so that people who haven't bought them can use it. Same applies to AF and SF content.

Comment

Working...
      X