New Subway Map Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Subway Map Need Help

I need help setting up the new map on my cod4 mod server. If anyone knows how to do this and get the server up and running with this map please help. We run the extreme mod right now but I would rather run it on a unranked TDM server if possible. I have it installed on my server in the usermap folder but I have no idea what to do next. I can't find any usefull info on the web either.

Any instruction or links would be greatly appreciated!!

On your games server you have to add a usermaps folder, in the root
    Like this

cod4root/

miles
    main
    pb
    mods
    zone
    usermaps <---make this folder

then in the usermaps folder, you make another folder, the same name as the .ff file and put them in there. For example, your map is called mp_mymap.ff
    So you would have

cod4root/usermap/mp_mymap/mp_mymap.ff

To get your re-direct running, you need the same structure.
    The line in the config always points to the root.

seta sv_wwwBaseURL "www.thekillerjud.com"

For example

Then create the folder website root/usermaps/mp_mymap/
    Put the files in there.

and seta sv_wwwDlDisconnected "0" to 0, otherwise it kicks you to the main menu, but still downloads the map. It's more confusing that way

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Can this be run on an unranked server as plain tdm or does it have to be run from a mod on an unranked server?

Comment

HAS to be run from a modded server.

When more maps come out, they will have an iwd file for the load screen. The load screen MUST be in your mods/modfolder NOT with the map in the usermaps folder, or you will not see it.

Comment

Originally posted by eXo|Cecil View Post
          HAS to be run from a modded server.

When more maps come out, they will have an iwd file for the load screen. The load screen MUST be in your mods/modfolder NOT with the map in the usermaps folder, or you will not see it.
          I'm having troubles running it on modwarfare. Can this be run on modwarfare or will I have to run it from another mod like the extreme mod. I don't care much for hardcore!

Everytime I join my server the game crashes just after downloading the map from my FTP. It must be something in the server.cfg that I have setup. I guess i'll have to try again tonight.

Any insight would be great or a link to a sample server.cfg for unranked. The BF series was so much easier to work with as this is my first time with the cod series.

I had everything setup the right way it was caused by the map being corrupt. I downloaded another one called mp_subway_beta and it works great.

Comment

Working...
          X