giving vehicle "drop" a whole new meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• giving vehicle "drop" a whole new meaning

i play single player special forces a fair bit. i like to get out all my sniper hero, solo chopper, TKing etc etc tendencies out in sp before going into multi online.

lately though somthing odd, and rather annoying has been happening in sp mode. more or less, the parchutes just dont work like they uused to.
    whenever i ask for a cehicle drop or supply crate, it appears as normal, floats down about halfway, and then the parachute dissaperes, leaving the vehicle of crate to come crashing down to the ground. this leaves the vehicle with a few bars of health left and the crate, well, it just splinters.

i've tried a compelte re-install of bf3 and sf, and re patched all the way up to 1.41 or whatever the hell it si now, and theres still no change.

any suggestions on how i can fix this, or am i just going to have to adapt my stratigies to allow dropping the car onto enemy soldiers?

also, is there a mod allowing the use of 64player maps in sp with sf? if not, can comeone point me in the direction of one for vanilla that works with the latest patch.

cheers guys,

Pat

For all your single player needs.

Comment

thankyou

Comment

That does indeed sound odd. If it was happening in MP I'd say it was serverwise, but since you are the server there must be something wrong with your software.

Comment

Originally posted by SnyperKitten View Post
          ...lately though somthing odd, and rather annoying has been happening in sp mode. more or less, the parchutes just dont work like they uused to.
          whenever i ask for a cehicle drop or supply crate, it appears as normal, floats down about halfway, and then the parachute dissaperes, leaving the vehicle of crate to come crashing down to the ground. this leaves the vehicle with a few bars of health left and the crate, well, it just splinters...
          thats pretty common, even in SF online play. The parachutes are bugged. It actually makes cartillery even better.

and then sometimes, the parachutes get really crazy. :hmm:

[MEDIA]http://home.comcast.net/~signa/bf2_kite.wmv[/MEDIA]
          "Crunch's First Officer"
          twitter: @signaprime

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post
            thats pretty common, even in SF online play. The parachutes are bugged. It actually makes cartillery even better.

haha wtf :laugh:

Comment

that actually went on for about a minute, but i only recorded the last 10 seconds or so. :laugh:
              "Crunch's First Officer"
              twitter: @signaprime

Comment

rightio guys. thanks for the input, i'll jsut get used to geting well out of the way of drops from now on.

i found a good sp mod with all the unlocks, and i;ve got some new maps and im more or less over playing online now. just one more question, i seem to remember there being a mod for vanilla that gave all or some kits the grappling hook. i;ve had a look around but cant find it, is there one, is it just me getting confused with sf?

cheers,

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by signa View Post

[media]http://home.comcast.net/~signa/bf2_kite.wmv[/media]
                  rofl. It forgot to take its medic. Or Britney is steering.Or maybe britney is steering and she forgot to take her meds?

Comment

I have actually got in one of those crazy rides before, I hopped out of a heli and onto a floating down humvee. As it floated down a jet swooped by it making it tilt like crazy before a few seconds hitting the ground. I saw it from my first person view and it was funny as heck but then again you can always do it with your mouse while you're walking :P

Comment

another SP question while im here, is there a way to stop the enemy commander from using his artillary apart from blowing it up?

somtimes i feel like just camping with a rifle and doing some good ol fashion sniping, but stay in one place for a short ammount of time and he dumps a strike on your ***?

anyway to edit a game file or somthing to remove it?

cheers.

Pat

Comment

Working...
                      X