BF2142 changes mic settings, Mic 2 to Microphone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BF2142 changes mic settings, Mic 2 to Microphone

I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality card with the front panel for connections. When I play BF2142 I use a headset with mic, and I plug the headset and mic into the front panel connectors.

Before I start BF2142 I change my Windows sound settings to accept mic input on "Line-In 2/Mic 2". I then test the mic using Windows Sound Recorder, the mic works fine.

After starting BF2142 and joining a game, BF2142 changes my sound settings from accepting mic input on "Line-In/Mic 2" to "Microphone".

The "Microphone" input jack is in the back of the computer, and is not where I plug my mic into, when BF2142 changes my sound settings my mic does not work.

How can I prevent BF2142 from changing my settings, or how can I change the default BF2142 settings for mic input?

Originally posted by ccb056
    I have a Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatality card with the front panel for connections. When I play BF2142 I use a headset with mic, and I plug the headset and mic into the front panel connectors.

Before I start BF2142 I change my Windows sound settings to accept mic input on "Line-In 2/Mic 2". I then test the mic using Windows Sound Recorder, the mic works fine.

After starting BF2142 and joining a game, BF2142 changes my sound settings from accepting mic input on "Line-In/Mic 2" to "Microphone".

The "Microphone" input jack is in the back of the computer, and is not where I plug my mic into, when BF2142 changes my sound settings my mic does not work.

How can I prevent BF2142 from changing my settings, or how can I change the default BF2142 settings for mic input?
    are you using a headset mic or a standalone??? i use a razer barracuda headset and has 4 jacks lol

i had to mess about for ages with my mic settings etc but it works ok now. il try and get some ss of my settings and post em when i can as i use the same sound card

Comment

I have Koss SB 45

Comment

Working...
      X