Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sudden lag

Hey all!

I bought ArmA a couple days ago and I've been playing that. Now I want to play COD4 MP, and whenever and whatever server I join I get 5-10 FPS and horrrrrrible lag. I didn't change ANY settings at all. Why would this happen?

Well anyway here's the minimum info about my Rig...

Nvidia Geforce 7600GS
    1GB RAM
    Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs)

Thanks for your help!:salute:

ur ram wont do u no favs, esspecially if ur running vista aswell

Comment

Overheating is a very good possibility. Is it cooled properly? When was the last time you opened it up and used a good old can-o-air to blow out the dust?

Comment

or what i did on my old computer was just leave the side off, and use a big ol fan to blow air in there..

Comment

Originally posted by srgtcollins View Post
          or what i did on my old computer was just leave the side off, and use a big ol fan to blow air in there..
          Which causes **** loads of static build up let alone a massive amount of dust to get inside the case & can cause alot of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevortt View Post
            Which causes **** loads of static build up let alone a massive amount of dust to get inside the case & can cause alot of problems.
            Yup.. most dust = more heat = bad.

Get a case with cool cooling, like the Antec Nine Hundred!

Comment

Sounds like a configuration issue.. cause you said your playing one game for a while then went back to COD4 and the "Sudden" lag has come in to play from the last time you played COD4. Could be various issues from the internet,spyware,virus, hardware failure.. etc..

Uninstall ArmA and see if it reverts any settings just for the hell of it, and do a few tracert tests to see if your routing is being effected by some packetlose or something else.

Comment

OK thank you very much.

Lol ArmA, I bought the thingand the expansion, whenever I patch it up it won't start and if I run it with the add-on it crashes, so I gota play normal ArmA, no probs with it other then no patches/add-ons. Which sucks... xD

Comment

Working...
                X